Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
DCMVan70
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Clutch release???

Post by DCMVan70 »

Hi all

We are almost 650 miles in to our trip to Belfast in the van.
Just heading to the ferry and have a nasty vibration felt through the peddle when I press the clutch, could this be the release bearing breaking up?
Apart from the vibration the clutch is working ok. In fact it just went away arriving at the ferry checkin!

We have 450 miles to get home and wonder if it is time to call the breakdown or just keep going?

Any advice would be welcome
Regards
David
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: Clutch release???

Post by philthehill »

As the clutch is working ok I would just complete your journey.

DCMVan70
Minor Friendly

Post by DCMVan70 »

Thanks Phil

I have also notice that car is dropping a little more oil than usual, seems to be when engine stops. So maybe that has got in there somewhere?

Will keep an eye on levels and keep going…
Have a new (well new to me!) gearbox at home as synco on 2nd is rather weak, this will encourage me to get that done.

Regards
David
DCMVan70
Minor Friendly

Post by DCMVan70 »

Hi All

As an update, I made it home. The vibration did re-occur at one point after some slow driving in a queue, but much less than before. For the rest of the journey the van behaved like normal on the A roads and a bit of motorway fun.
All in all we managed 1100 miles on about a pint and a half of oil, and about 40mpg, success.

Will did into the clutch issue some more when I manage to get back out to the garage

Regards
David