Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Swampy
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Wiring

Post by Swampy »

Evening all moggie family a couple of quick ones the purple wire from the interior light where does it go to i have another purple one going into the main loom .I have a smiths temperature gauge fitted temperature goes right up then goes back to cold and stays in the cold any help please. Regards swampy
geoberni
Minor Legend

Re: Wiring

Post by geoberni »

Swampy

First one is simple (sort of, the wiring colours on the Interior light isn't always as the Diagrams show).
The solid Purple on the Interior Light is the Supply from the Permanently Live Fuse; that's what Purple is for, Permanent Live, the only other wiring that colour should be down to the Horn.
The other wires, which may be Purple/White, goes to the Door Switches, if you have them.

As to the Temp gauge, that's 'after market' so could be a poor connection somewhere, or a break in the gauge. It's probably unlikely to be the Sender in the Block, they tend to either Work, or Not.
That's assuming it's in the Block, and not some Hose Adaptor.
Basil the 1955 series II

Swampy
Minor Friendly

Re: Wiring

Post by Swampy »

Morning all thanks for your reply i do have door switches not sure if they work at the moment just checking wiring before the roof lining goes in not looking forward for that project 😬 as for the temperature gauge its in the block thanks again 👍. Regards swampy