Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Swampy
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Front seat belt

Post by Swampy »

Morning all moggie people anyone know how the front seat belts anchor in my 67 moggie. Bought from esm there securon the reel fitting is fine and the top one so far so good where does the other end go have brackets in the box but no real diagram. I'm guessing you've heard it before but i can't find it 🤔 any help please. Regards swampy.
svenedin
Minor Legend

Re: Front seat belt

Post by svenedin »

Do you mean where do the stalks attach (the bits that the buckle clips into)?

Stephen
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen
Swampy
Minor Friendly

Post by Swampy »

Afternoon Steve it's the end of the belt that's from the reel does it go behind the reel if so the brackets are to short. Thanks swampy.
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Yes, the loose end of the belt has a metal fitting with a hole in it. That should fit on a stepped spacer and a long machine screw (bolt) goes through the base of the reel then through the belt end and the spacer and finally into the captive nut on the sill. The spacer prevents the belt being clamped tight and allows it to swivel. There is not usually any need for a bracket. The kits are universal and so may contain parts that you do not need. There is also a kind of wavy anti-rattle spring washer that can be used.

The kits usually come with fitting instructions. It used to be possible to purchase the kits with either webbing or different length more solid stalks,. but the reel and belt end fitting remains the same.
Swampy
Minor Friendly

Post by Swampy »

Afternoon thank you thanks for your help I'll have a look again later on. Regards swampy.
Swampy
Minor Friendly

Post by Swampy »

Evening all yes that was good thanks with the seat belts all fitted. Also i mentioned i was looking for the board under the back window for the headlining eventually found one big thanks to the lad's at Morris minor workshop might be helpful to somebody else. Regards swampy