Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
alanworland
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Worrying

Post by alanworland »

Not solely Minor related but like many on here I only have older cars as well as my MM.
All are well looked after and cherished in a way most motorist's wouldn't understand so when I found this video it was most concerning and the way the world is going I believe it has some substance.
Has anyone heard anything about this?

https://youtu.be/5CNli3UekTk?si=NH_bNrQhPvRcE7cr

Alan
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Worrying

Post by myoldjalopy »

Welcome to Dystopia! Our next stop in......The Twilight Zone :-(
Time to read 1984 again, methinks.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Stopped watching it after 2 mins. :roll:
Big deal, he works for a Big Insurance Company that will stop insuring older cars in the next 10 years.
In the UK, many of the big companies already don't insure classics anyway, their client base is aimed at a different market.
Basil the 1955 series II

POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

My mate has a dog who caught dystopia from kennels
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

You can make a start by replacing google with another search engine.
I use duckduckgo.com
They block people that have access, (legally, as they pay google) to your search results.
They are known as trackers and use your search history to target advertising.
Whenever I use duckduckgo they inform me of how many tracking attempts have been blocked and on which sites.
When I leave this site they will tell me how many trackers were blocked for instance. If any.
Its not everything, but its a start to some privacy.

Addendum, I just checked and there are no trackers currently watching this site, good news.
Where angels fear to tread
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

Business (i.e. insurance underwriters) are only interested in making money, so as long as there's money to be made from something, they won't cancel it. I am led to believe the reason for the price hikes in car insurance the last few years is down to underwriters lumping electric vehicles in with I.C. engine vehicles. And we all know what happens to EVs.
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

I have had insurers get difficult about my Minor being my only car in the past, which doesn't make sense as I am on a restricted mileage anyway so I don't see what difference it makes as long as I stay within the mileage limits - I don't use it for business purposes as I am retired....... a friend with a pick-up had the same issue and had to get listed on his girlfriend's modern as a driver before they would insure his Minor.
Anyone else come across this?
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

The village idiots will foul it up and everyone will grind to a halt. I don't think it will make any difference to my collectors policy. I think we have more to worry about from certain politicians I could mention, such as those who think that a blanket 20mph speed limit will solve the problem of people exceeding 30mph, when there is still no enforcement :evil: .