SBY600F

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
BlackpoolMoggy
MMOC Member: Yes

SBY600F

Post by BlackpoolMoggy »

Hi, Somewhere around 1992 I managed to lose my 1967 convertible SBY600F. I was up to my ears in a very messy divorce, a forced house move and an unexpected change of job. The car was a basket case and needed lots and lots of care and attention and was incapable of moving on its own. I lumbered various friends and relations with it until they got sick of it standing in their gardens.

At some point it vanished and I've no idea what happened to it. The DVLA seem to think it is still around and I hope someone with deep pockets has given it the restoration I could never have afforded to do.

I don't want it back - my current Minor is providing plenty of entertainment but I might be able to give whoever has got it now a bit of info on its history from 1967 to 1991.
Last edited by BlackpoolMoggy on Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Re: SBY600F

Post by geoberni »

Well they have it on a SORN, which is a much better sign than just being 'untaxed' and the last V5C was only in 2020, so perhaps someone's 'Covid Project'...
You never know.
Perhaps post the question on the facebook group, it's got a greater reach of the public at large than the Forum has, more suited to such a quest.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/morrisminors
Basil the 1955 series II

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Contact the MMOC Office in Derby and ask if they have a record of it. If yes, then they can forward your details to the current owner.
BlackpoolMoggy

Post by BlackpoolMoggy »

Thanks team, good ideas.