we have a problem

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

we have a problem

Post by stuffedpike20 »

There are a lot of technically gifted people on here...I hope this post is allowed to run.

Isn't it about time that the USA admitted that no human has ever walked on the moon, and that the Apollo 'missions' were filmed on Earth, and that the whole thing was a Cold War propaganda exercise?
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Re: we have a problem

Post by Sleeper »

Go tell that to the Japanese...

John :lol:
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

Yes.. their unmanned craft has got there ....broken.
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

Ah, yes, conspiracy theories; just what this forum's been lacking. :lol:
unclealec
Minor Fan

Post by unclealec »

Wait until he finds out the truth about Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men.
Not only were they artificially created, they have never been to San Francisco.
Alec Gatherer
Manchester-by-the-Ditch.
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

Myrtles Man wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:14 am Ah, yes, conspiracy theories; just what this forum's been lacking. :lol:
This forum is lacking a lot...why not a conspiracy theory?

I used to like Bill and Ben. It comes as a shock to me that they were artificially created. Don't tell me the Woodentops were not real either. :-(
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Of course they went to the moon - how else could they have filmed The Clangers?
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

Not you as well Simon!
I don't think the Clangers lived on the moon. (?)

Let me expand, and see if anyone sensible wants to comment.
Recently, several Countries have failed to land unmanned craft on the Moon; over 50 years after the USA claimed to have landed manned craft successfully more than once.
Surely with the advances in technology, it should be really easy for us to land manned or unmanned craft successfully ?

To add a bit of conspiracy ..we now have telescopes so powerful that they can look into the past. Why can't we point one at the moon and see the lunar rover, American flag and other rubbish that is supposed to be there? After all, Apollo 11 did land the capsule on the light side, Didn't it?

Wasn't it convenient that Neil Armstrong was a private, shy man who did not like publicity?
Why would Buzz Aldrin rather punch a man than swear on the Bible that he walked on the moon?

I will stop there for now.
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

stuffedpike20 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:13 am
This forum is lacking a lot...
Really? 'Promoting the preservation and use of the postwar Morris Minor' is the mission statement at the head of this board and, in my experience at least, it achieves those aims admirably. Or am I merely the victim of another conspiracy?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I don’t know, an apparently sane man loosing his marbles like that, perhaps it comes to us all eventually :roll:

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

I see that the latest moon landing observed the remains of a low light Minor at the bottom of one crater and a Morris Marina at the bottom of another. :D.
Whether true or not it isn't going to make any difference to the old adage that the only certain things in life are death and taxes.
Phil

stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

Myrtles Man wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:44 am
stuffedpike20 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:13 am
This forum is lacking a lot...
Really? 'Promoting the preservation and use of the postwar Morris Minor' is the mission statement at the head of this board and, in my experience at least, it achieves those aims admirably. Or am I merely the victim of another conspiracy?
I think this is an excellent forum for Minor owners.
This is the 'off topic' bit. I thought we could talk about anything on here; or does it have to be Minor related?
It got you posting anyway.
The forum lacks posters. Maybe if we posted interesting topics, more people would use the forum?
When I just logged on again. I saw that Phil had posted, and thought he may have had some interesting thoughts on the Moon landings...sadly no.

If America got it so right in 1969; why do we not just make some more Saturn Five rockets to go back there? The blueprints must be around somewhere?
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

simmitc wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:43 am Of course they went to the moon - how else could they have filmed The Clangers?
There used to be a website that used nothing but images from The Clangers to prove the moon landings were fake.
philthehill wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:40 pm I see that the latest moon landing observed the remains of a low light Minor at the bottom of one crater and a Morris Marina at the bottom of another. :D.
"remains"? Is that what the giant worm the Millenium Falcon landed in actually was - Space Tin Worm! :o
stuffedpike20 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:16 am To add a bit of conspiracy ..we now have telescopes so powerful that they can look into the past.
I'd like to point one towards where my car used to live to see what it looked like concours... :wink:

I'm surprised you never mentioned the 'C' point on the ground in the original photos (in those days the letter C was used as a standing point for actors to be properly in shot in tv/films), or that people swear that when they saw the first footage sent from the moon, they saw Neil Armstrong kick a cola can 'off set' with his foot. There's also the theory that no one could get to the moon since there's a known black hole between earth and the moon so how did a ship of people manage to avoid being spaghettified.

Also our fairly new toaster decides to either give out bread or carbon - so technology doesn't always improve over time to make things easier.
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

stuffedpike20 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:49 pm It got you posting anyway.
The forum lacks posters.
An interesting observation, especially so when you consider my 1072 total posts against your own 529. :roll:
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

Myrtles Man wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:08 pm An interesting observation, especially so when you consider my 1072 total posts against your own 529. :roll:
To be fair, a lot of your post count is from the 'Word Association' thread here in Off Topic.

(of course, you both have more posts since 2018 than I have since 2004) :D
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I still don’t know if this is a serious suggestion or not, however, to add to the silliness ——-——I knew a moon landing would eventually happen, ever since I was a child, on hearing my Mum tell stories about a cow that jumped over it. Hey diddle diddle.

Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

True enough Chief, however, to quote Stuffedpike20 again, "Maybe if we posted interesting topics, more people would use the forum?" But who decides if topics are interesting or not and does a 'word association' thread qualify? I think we need to be told. :D
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

There you are you see..17 posts and counting.

Of course it is a serious post Les. I was excited in 1969 to think that there were men walking on the Moon. A lot has happened since then to make me think that it was fake. At the time I remember hippies handing out leaflets stating that the distance was too great, and the radiation too strong for the mission to be believable; but my mum told me it was real.
The recent failures (although India claim to have had success) make me think even more that they were fake.
I think China failed to land one on the dark side about 7 years ago.

And we are led to believe that USA landed manned craft there more than once. :roll:
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Well done in getting those posts, however you’ll have to find another theory to beat the 150 plus posts for the ‘ Can’t get my daughters car to start’ thread !———— and who’s the WE in ‘we have a problem’ ? :D

stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

Maybe the Royal We.