All accessories going smarter now

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
momo67
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

All accessories going smarter now

Post by momo67 »

hi all, hoping you guys must be living at fullest.
smart phones, watches, goggles, even handkerchief and after all these smart stuff the tech giants are coming now with smart ring.!!
wow i mean what would be the purpose of this and what will that tiny round smart ring will help us into... watches and other gadgets are justified but letsee how far and success will this new accessory will enjoy..
drop your thoughts.!!
Bill_qaz
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: All accessories going smarter now

Post by Bill_qaz »

Already out there seen somebody tap and pay with one over a year ago
Regards Bill
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

Anusol is good for smart ring...

John ;-)
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

:lol:
momo67
Minor Friendly

Post by momo67 »

momo67 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:09 pm hi all, hoping you guys must be living at fullest.
smart phones, watches, goggles, even handkerchief and after all these smart stuff the tech giants are coming now with smart ring.!!
wow i mean what would be the purpose of this and what will that tiny round smart ring will help us into... watches and other gadgets are justified but letsee how far and success will this new accessory will enjoy..
drop your thoughts.!!
anyhow yes they might be good but still their true utility hinges on seamless integrations and user acceptance despite how much smarter they are and will be and also how well they balance their potential gains and privacy concerns.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I bought some smart cufflinks, they integrate with my shirts seamlessly.

Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

Yes and in a short while there is an "Upgrade" and your device will no longer work, because some spiv wants to sell you a new one; it's legalised vandalism :evil: .

As an example, I never download "Updates" for my printer and not just because of using non OE ink. After a certain amount of time, Epson do the self destruct update. How do I know? In early 2021, I had three identical Epson printers, all bought at different times and each having had different amounts of use. They all quit within the same month. I'd call that more than coincidence. Three years on and the new one is still working well (The spare still being in it's box).

I am also a believer in the concept of one component to do one job. My mobile phone is just that; a phonebox in my pocket (It has a camera but I've never used it and see no need to post pictures of my food on social media :roll: ). It's not a life support system. If I need to use the Internet, I use a computer or laptop and there are very few occasions when I ever take a laptop somewhere with me and when I have, it was for work.