This years National.

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

This years National.

Post by 1098 »

Superb event,from the entry point,to the exit. Camping area great. Showers/toilets,brilliant. Evening party,fantastic.
Lots of lovely Minors. Just love seeing these four,same family generation,Minors ! Branch Avenue,so good. Well done to all the overseas visitors.Great display from the Northern Ireland branch !Not so many from the Netherlands this year,but thanks to those who did turn up. I think the Netherlands had a recent celebration in their own land. And, last but not least,a huge, Thank-you to the MMOC staff who, tirelessly,worked all weekend to make the event run so smoothly. I hope you got out of the event what I did. :D Not wishing, to wish my life away,but,can't wait till next year
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan

Re: This years National.

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

Please can people upload their photos for those that were unable to go. So gutted. After my epic journey to Kent last weekend (to get my Minor), I didn't have the balls to suggest another weekend out of the families hectic schedule. It was a sacrifice I was aware I would have to make to get my car so can't wait till next year. Fantastic to hear you all had a great time. Well done.

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last
qwerty165
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by qwerty165 »

The Issigonis Kid wrote:Please can people upload their photos for those that were unable to go
Also posted in the spotted today but I will post them here as well. These were taken on the Saturday.
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]

RichG
Minor Friendly

Post by RichG »

fantastic event , i could only make it on the Sunday , but well worth the trip, ive never seen so many moggys in one place , all types of conditions , but all well loved , looking forward to the next one , will try and up load some pics when i can :D

LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

I took hardly any photos but here is one of the young members coming to my rescue with the correct sized spanner :P [frame]Image[/frame]

Eric - 1971 Traveller
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Here's some more, I'll try not to duplicate any, apologies in advance if I do....
[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Good to see this lovely (and rare) Morris Isis again.....
[frame]Image[/frame]
..... and a Morris Marina (I owned two of these in my twenties) this one looks really great......ah, yes, fond memories of in floor ventilation and one candle-watt power headlamps.... those were the days!!...... :lol:
A rarity now though....

[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
The Morris Six, again lovely to see one, I think these are less rare than the Isis, so safe to put on your wish list....
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
Good to see Practical Classics, in the earthly form of Danny Hopkins, turned out again to support us, bringing with him a German camera team whose interviewer was simply gorgeous (and had a nice personality), I wish I could remember her name.... :oops:

[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
And finally Abby, up till 10.00pm the night before cleaning and polishing her, poured with rain and the field covered her in mud....... :roll: ... did my best to clean it off again..... C'est la vie... :lol:
[frame]Image[/frame]

Great day though.
Best wishes and as above thanks to all involved in organizing it. Look forward to next year.
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Looks like Abby was parked next to me on Saturday, Mike :-) actually I wasn't there by that stage - my good friend Mike Dean had taken the car to Kelmarsh for me so I managed to miss most of the rain:-) Not often my car has been first on the rally field :-) Sunday was excellent and congratulations to all who came along AND those whose efforts were rewarded with gongs.

Although I played a very small part in volunteering to help marshal cars and assist in the smooth running of the event, I would also like to say thanks to all who played a part in making the event run so smoothly. No matter what the weather was doing, the hi-viz team were always there to help out and 'fix' things. You all know who you are but without your time, effort and dedication from Thursday through to Monday, the national could not happen AND the many who came would not have such an enjoyable time. Here's to next year at Scampston Hall, North Yorkshire :-)[frame]Image[/frame]

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Indeed I was parked next to your car, I arrived bang on 8.00am, hence the lack of people and other cars in some of my shots.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Minor Fan

Post by 1098 »

Forgot to mention the Scottish,in my earlier post. Well done to the Scots,you had a long journey,but it's always good to see you there. One for POMM Reg - Body number off a Pick up. The owner is unsure if the vehicle is a converted van. The chassis plate was a home made stamped job. Body number 12734 22478 Z Reg RVJ 372H.
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

1098 wrote:Superb event,from the entry point,to the exit. Camping area great. Showers/toilets,brilliant. Evening party,fantastic.
Lots of lovely Minors. Just love seeing these four,same family generation,Minors ! Branch Avenue,so good. Well done to all the overseas visitors.Great display from the Northern Ireland branch !Not so many from the Netherlands this year,but thanks to those who did turn up. I think the Netherlands had a recent celebration in their own land. And, last but not least,a huge, Thank-you to the MMOC staff who, tirelessly,worked all weekend to make the event run so smoothly. I hope you got out of the event what I did. :D Not wishing, to wish my life away,but,can't wait till next year
i more than agree they did a great job.
minor65
Minor Addict

Post by minor65 »

Thanks for mentioning our NI Branch club stand, we all had a brill weekend !!!!! :D :D

sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

i thought it was an excellent show :) anyone know the total of Minors there?
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Estimated to be around £600 cars across the two days :-)

qwerty165
Minor Addict

Post by qwerty165 »

brucek wrote:£600 cars
Sounds a real bargin, how many are left?

brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Oops :-) :oops:

That should, of course, have read 600 cars :-)

Minor Fan

Post by 1098 »

minor65 wrote:Thanks for mentioning our NI Branch club stand, we all had a brill weekend !!!!! :D :D
So good of you all to come over. Even better than that,it's good to hear you all had a great time,cos it can't be cheap for you all.
dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

I'd also like to express my thanks to the organisers for the hard work they put in to making this a really great National. Good choice of food, good toilets, child friendly.
John Naylor
Minor Fan

Post by John Naylor »

Many thanks to all involved for a great event. We were only able to attend on Saturday but had a great time at our first National and were so impressed with how friendly everybody was (we've been members of loads of car clubs over the years but none have been anything like as welcoming).
Bertie behaved well after last minute fettling but a failed NSF indicator was rectified with a sound replacement lamp for 50p from the auto jumble (I didn't even haggle!). Cant believe how economic Minor Motoring is.
As a bonus, London-bound in the Grey Porridge-mobile on Monday morning we spotted several Minors going home: The club van, the Potteries contingent, a White convertible with red hood and trailer-tent motoring well, to name but a few.
Hopefully we shall make next year's National near Malton, and if Bertie could only pull our Caravan......

Bertie.
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Got home today at around 7pm. A great weekend and as others have said a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all the rally organisers for there hard work. I havent downloaded my pics yet but will add some later, I have saw lots of them on various facebook pages as well.

Too many Minors so little time.....
Ian46
Minor Fan

Post by Ian46 »

I was there on the Sunday. Better weather than Saturday so I heard.

One of my favourite cars. A real survivor.

Lots of original features from a CKD car exported to Australia (hence the faded paint and patina and oil bath air filter). Painted split ring headlamp bezels with the paint almost polished off. Hub caps should also be painted but the owner only had three of the originals so fitted chrome items. He still has the three originals at home.

Rear wings with small diameter wing piping you just don't see much now. Original rear bumper valances with ends that appear cut short but that is how the early MM's came.

To top it off all the panel gaps are spot on which shows that the cars came from the factory with an excellent fit.

Not bad for 62 years!

[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Busy collecting parts for my '52 MM Convertible and 1949 Saloon restorations. :o