Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
trimpex
MMOC Member: No

Paperwork seeks OTA 363 to rekindle relationship

Post by trimpex »

Hi all.

I have just joined the group for one simple reason - I'm looking for a little bit of help.

I recently did some work clearing some buildings and over the weekend checked through some paperwork which was in a filing cabinet, hoping to find some bearer bonds worth millions or similar.... 8)

What I have found is a large folder full of receipts of works done, servicing etc for a Morris Minor - I think convertible?? - reg: OTA 363 - and I would like to reunite them with the car as a part of the history for the vehicle.

If the owner is on here - or if anybody knows the owner, it would be great if they could get in touch.

I have done all the usual searches etc and it would seem that the vehicle is currently taxed and insured.
There is also a thread on here - viewtopic.php?t=68322 - from a previous owner. Although there were no replies either positive or negative.

Whatever happens, I do not intend to chuck the paperwork, so, if this is a dormant thread by the time you read it, please try and get in touch with me anyway.

I have a mate who is an Austin 8 'nut' and I now just how much he loves to keep receipts and records of work done in the past so I would really like to put the history back with the vehicle.

Feel free to pm me or add comments on here.

Many thanks.
KeithL
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Paperwork seeks OTA 363 to rekindle relationship

Post by KeithL »

Good on you. I hope you get a response.

I might be mistaken but if you contact DVLA they may be prepared to send your contact details to the current owner.

ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

The DVLA will probably not help you unfortunately.

However, according to their website, the car is a 1952 Grey Morris Minor MM. 918cc and it is still taxed, so somebody must indeed still own it. The chances of the owner using this forum are probably slim as a small minority of club members use it. I would get in touch with the club head office in Derby and they might have a record of the car and be able to help re-unite the papers.

Good luck.
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

I also just checked the MM register list of known survivors and this car is listed there too. It is indeed a convertible. It was listed as residing in New Maldon but I don't know if that is still the case.
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

I'm pretty certain I saw this car in New Malden (Surrey) about 4 years ago. It was parked in a driveway along with two other Minors, near Coombe High School.
1956 4-door called Max
pgp001
Minor Addict

Post by pgp001 »

Maybe a letter in the club magazine would reach a wider audience.

Phil
trimpex

Post by trimpex »

Thank you for the replies and suggestions.
Rhodrich
Minor Friendly

Post by Rhodrich »

Have tried PM'ing you trimpex, but it's sitting in my outbox, so I don't know if you've got it. If you still have the paperwork, I'd love it, as I now own the car!
1952 MM Tourer
1964 VW Split Microbus
1965 Mercedes 230SL
Err... 2008 Honda FR-V
Salad dodger
Minor Friendly

Post by Salad dodger »

Rhodrich wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:49 pm Have tried PM'ing you trimpex, but it's sitting in my outbox, so I don't know if you've got it. If you still have the paperwork, I'd love it, as I now own the car!
Last active 2 1/2 years ago & only 2 posts, I'd guess they aren't coming back unfortunately.
I do know that when I used to moderate on a forum years ago the admin & mod team have access to user info like email address etc,
maybe shoot the admin team a message & see if you can get further details ?
The Lord said unto John: Come forth, and I will give you eternal life. But John came fifth & won a toaster
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Rhodrich wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:49 pm Have tried PM'ing you trimpex, but it's sitting in my outbox, so I don't know if you've got it. If you still have the paperwork, I'd love it, as I now own the car!
Hi Rhodrich
The way the PM works is that it sits in your Outbox until the person it is for reacts and opens it.
For regular Users, they see a notification when they log in that they 'have mail' as it were.
Trimpex hasn't visited for a while so unless they have their account set up to be sent a notification email when they get a PM, they won't know about it.

The backroom team may be able to pass a message on, but they have to be careful not to breach GDPR rules about misuse of personal data.
Basil the 1955 series II

MCYorks
Minor Fan

Post by MCYorks »

Hi Rhodrich and welcome to the forum :D

Congratulations on the purchase. That looks like a very smart convertible. I hope you are able to obtain the paperwork, as it adds provenance and so much character to the vehicle.

I don't see why the admin team wouldn't be able to pass on a message or contact the OP on your behalf. There would appear to be a ‘legitimate interest’ in doing so, without breaching GDPR rules on personal data. This is about reuniting important documentation (service records, etc.) with the current vehicle owner. After all, the OP has gone to the effort of trying to trace the current owner and has stated in their post:
'Whatever happens, I do not intend to chuck the paperwork, so, if this is a dormant thread by the time you read it, please try and get in touch with me anyway.'

This implies the OP is expecting to be contacted at some point. Sadly, the environment being currently created around GDPR rules, greatly increases the chances of documents like this going in the shredder rather then being preserved :-? Fortunately in this case, it seems the OP has realised the significance of the paperwork and saved it, which is great news :D
Attachments
morris OTA.jpg
morris OTA.jpg (257.62 KiB) Viewed 819 times
Rhodrich
Minor Friendly

Post by Rhodrich »

Thanks all. If an admin is reading this, I'd be grateful if they could contact the poster. I've also replied to another thread elsewhere on the forum from someone who owned the car in the 1970's, who also wanted to contact the current owner, and he's not read his PM's either.

Very much looking forward to enjoying the car. This is my first foray in to British car ownership (if I exclude an Austin Montego I owned in the 90's!). Should be perfect for pottering, and taking the kids to school on a sunny day. Not the only splitscreen in the household, but the other one is a VW.
1952 MM Tourer
1964 VW Split Microbus
1965 Mercedes 230SL
Err... 2008 Honda FR-V
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

MCYorks wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:21 pm
I don't see why the admin team wouldn't be able to pass on a message or contact the OP on your behalf. There would appear to be a ‘legitimate interest’ in doing so, without breaching GDPR rules on personal data. This is about reuniting important documentation (service records, etc.) with the current vehicle owner. After all, the OP has gone to the effort of trying to trace the current owner and has stated in their post:
'Whatever happens, I do not intend to chuck the paperwork, so, if this is a dormant thread by the time you read it, please try and get in touch with me anyway.'
I totally agree; unfortunately many organisations have adopted draconian measures preventing just about any communication.

As an example, until recently I was a member of the Federation of Small Businesses, the FSB, not to be confused with the Russian Security Service that replaced the KGB.....
The FSB used to be, but is no longer, organised into local branches, which would have their own branch meetings.
But national HQ decided that GDPR prevented the volunteers running the branches knowing who the members were in their area. HQ would allocate a new member to a branch, but then left it to the new member to contact that branch. Branches did not know how many members were in their branch. :roll: :roll:

The published MMOC DP Policy is essentially regarding MMOC membership, which is not a requirement for posting here on the Forums. So who knows how it might be applied.
Basil the 1955 series II