https://youtu.be/tMa70lAnt9Y
Tina.
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Minor video.

Post by geoberni »

Hi Tina
Interesting little video, I must admit I didn't watch the whole thing, skipping a bit in the middle due to time constraint, but I did think the comments about the starter handle being hard to use were a bit off.
Might have been more beneficial to you and others watching it, if your Bruv had actually shown you how to use it properly.
It's not hard to do with the right technique, but done wrongly it can also hurt your thumb. :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

rocco
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by rocco »

Great little video, I do like watching these but I was disappointed not to see the car started by the handle. I have never seen it done before although I could probably find someone whose done it on youtube.
1961 Morris Minor 1000
Tinasminor
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by Tinasminor »

Hi,
I have tried to start my car with the handle but as I'm just a girly I can't even turn it once,lol.
My hubby can start it with the handle though.
Tina.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

The style of starting handle shown in the video does not help when trying to start a Minor 'A' Series engine.
When I had the Ser 2 it had a much earlier and better version of the Minor starting handle. It was of a larger diameter and the handle had a loose sleeve which rotated.
The Minor was easy to start on the handle. I found it easier to pull the handle up for starting whilst keeping the thumb out of the way.

JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

These engines are a doddle to start on the handle, but a useful feature is the ability to set valve clearances. There were cars with 6 cylinder engines of over 4 litres capacity - try starting one of those on the handle.