Post by Harryhotrod »

Can you pm me please
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Admin

Post by geoberni »

Harryhotrod wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:49 pm Can you pm me please
Why don't you pm simmitc as 'Admin' doesn't frequent here much these days and simmitc is actually doing the role.
Basil the 1955 series II

Harryhotrod
Minor Friendly

Post by Harryhotrod »

Here is the screenshot
16991771965633743384720220993125.jpg
16991771965633743384720220993125.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1701 times
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

In answer to your query see
viewtopic.php?p=693938#p693938

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

This is an interesting discussion because the reported problem is that you cannot post. However, you clearly can post as you have started a new topic entitled "Admin" and posted to it with your original request and the screenshot. We have had a discussion about this via PM, buit in case it affects anyone else, I will repeat some of the advice here:

The problem usually arises because most of us share our IP addresses via our ISP, often with hundreds of other users. If one of those is recognised as a spammer, then the shared address gets blocked, affecting everyone using it. The blacklist does not last forever, so although it is frustrating, trying again a day later or even a few hours later can resolve the problem. The other option is to ask your ISP to move you to a different IP address, or for your ISP to request that the address is removed from a blacklist - it has to be the ISP as they own the IP address. Note: it is your public IP address that matters, not the IP address of your device on your network.

The screenshot shows a link to Spamhaus - did you follow that and read the advice there?

Although your problem is not with email, a site called mxtoolbox has a "supertool" that allows you to see blacklisting (there are other sites that can do that as well) and your IP address does show up:
Blacklisted.jpg
Blacklisted.jpg (92.85 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
Although I'd love to help more, it is not a problem with the Messageboard. I recommend that you speak with your ISP
Harryhotrod
Minor Friendly

Post by Harryhotrod »

The screenshot was before I could post "admin" I tried again a while later and it posted,. Thank you for your help hopefully all sorted, Phil kindly answered my esm question many thanks again.