Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
shady
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

roses run 2011

Post by shady »

hi im new to the forum so not sure if ive posted this in the right place.i live just outside morecambe and was hoping to have a ride down in my old morris to have a look round the cars before they set off tomorrow but cant find any details of where they are starting from and roughly what time.any help much apreciated
LouiseM

Re: roses run 2011

Post by LouiseM »

I don't know the details but the email address to contact for information about the run is: lunapotlennon (at) hotmail.co.uk
Hopefully you'll get a response before tomorrow :)

Eric - 1971 Traveller
shady
Minor Friendly

Post by shady »

many thanks ill try that
shady
Minor Friendly

Post by shady »

didnt manage to get hold of any info so had a drive down in the old girl anyway but didnt see another minor anywhere in morecambe,but it was a nice day and did the old bus good to have a blast about
buffscrag71

Post by buffscrag71 »

For those who are interested, there are some photos of the Roses Run cars crossing Loyn Bridge at Gressingham in my Flickr photostream:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buffscrag71/

The cars set off from Morecambe at about 9.00am, so I had a mad dash up the M6 to catch them, then another mad dash back home to see my daughter singing in the village Harvest Festival! It was worth it though - on both counts!
Nick Harling
1965 two-door saloon, 'Chewy'
CHW 667C by CSL 890, on Flickr
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by IaininTenbury »

Just missed the first Roses Run in 10years - we managed the prev 9, but the 5month old twins are a good excuse. Not really ready for charging across the country ina Minor yet! I understand that 54 cars took part this year - a good showing for the tenth anniversary run.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!