Getting a moggy thru the IVA test

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Radlee Engineering
MMOC Member: No

Getting a moggy thru the IVA test

Post by Radlee Engineering »

Hello all,

Forgive me if I am posting this in the incorrect area (I am newbie to your site) I have restored two Moggys from rust buckets to glorious condition and both have sadly moved on to new owners for them to enjoy.
I have recently been given a 1970 1000 saloon which is a real basket case, it was stored on the south Devon sea coast for 10 years and is well and truly rotten.
I will not be beaten and where its too far gone to bring back as a moggy I intend to fabricate a chassis and install a modern supercharged Jaguar engine along with all the drive line.
This means there is no way it can retain its original registration number and I will be be putting it thru the VOSA Basic IVA as it can be classed as an 'modified production vehicle' now I can leave with all the 'sharp edges must be smooth and radiused ETC' but my biggest issue is the windscreen and side glazing must be 'E' marked to pass (whats wrong with BS i dont know!) so is there anyone who has overcome this issue? or knows where i can source E marked windscreen and windows for moggy.

Cheers
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Getting a moggy thru the IVA test

Post by les »

If you intend to change a minor to that degree, you'd be better off posting in the Modified section.

plastic_orange
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Getting a moggy thru the IVA test

Post by plastic_orange »

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]