Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
D T Rennie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Spitfire Lead Replacement

Post by D T Rennie »

Just wondering if anyone has ever used Spitfire lead replacements? Are they any good? If not, then other suggestions are accepted. Here's a link to it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spitfire-Fuel- ... B00J227QKO
Thanks in advance.
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Spitfire Lead Replacement

Post by SteveClem »

To be honest,I've come to the conclusion that lead replacement additives are probably a waste of money.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I don't think you need to worry about using lead free fuel in a Minor. As for the product, these things are generally viewed with suspicion.

dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

dont bother , i would use castrol valve master plus, they also do a cotten reel thing that goes on the king lead to give multi sparks its full of screws and burns out rotor arms
[sig]5641[/sig]
squire
Minor Friendly

Post by squire »

dalebrignall wrote:dont bother , i would use castrol valve master plus, they also do a cotten reel thing that goes on the king lead to give multi sparks its full of screws and burns out rotor arms
Dale, I've had the "cotton reel thing", on my traveller for God knows how long, don't know if it makes any difference but never had any rotor arm problems, in fact I can't remember when I last changed a rotor arm.
Just lucky I guess.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Post by greendefender123 »

Do you notice a difference with them in? I personally can't see it. Surely its abit different to sticking them in the tank as apposed to it being in the fuel. I wont ever use a lead replacement again. My beetle came with some but that also boosted the octane. If my engine needs a rebuild 10-20 thousand before it would normally how would I notice? We run and have ran lots of of old cars on unleaded all my life without any problems. Never had an engine go. Only from off road abuse.