Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

SU HS4 1 1/2" carburettor

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Can somebody tell me what this other feed is for?
I know that the fuel feed goes into the swirl chamber; there is a small nozzle with a black rubber cap over it at present (just visible in the picture poking up at the front) which I believe is for the vacuum; so what attaches to this other outlet shown on the side of the main body of the carburettor??
Many thanks. Mike.

[frame]Image[/frame]
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
ratrodmog
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: SU HS4 1 1/2" carburettor

Post by ratrodmog »

Hi Mike, I have this outlet connected to a piece of tube that runs to my breather in the rocker cover. If you have a standard cover with the pipe on then is an easy fit or, if like me, you have an alloy rocker cover with no breather vent then drill a hole in the rocker cap and feed a pipe into the hole.

The tube is the one that looks like a piece of hose pipe, but it's a bit of fuel pipe.
[frame]Image[/frame]

Hope that helps you.
Bash's Speed Shop
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Post by bmcecosse »

That's it - this the best way to suck the fumes out of your engine crankcase. Take advantage of it - it prevents nasty smells/oilleaks and cuts oil consumption.
ImageImage
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by jagnut66 »

Thanks very much for the info.
Best wishes. Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)