By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
keef
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Spotted today.

Post by keef »

Coolings today. :-

Keef - Dartford Kent UK
1962 A40 Farina MkII Saloon (Yoko), 1965 VDP 1100 MkI Saloon (JJ), 1965 Series 2 SWB Land Rover (Dutchy)
1966 Riley Kestrel MK1 Saloon (Victor), 1968 Wolseley 1100 MkI Saloon (Jasper)
1972 Wolseley Six Saloon (Reckless), 1974 VDP 1300 MkIII Saloon (Tike)
< http://cbc.homelinux.com/gallery2/main.php >
=========
MColes
Minor Legend

Post by MColes »

Saw a Traffy blue traveller headed northbound on the M5 pulling a trailer around half 7 this evening.
Matt Coles
Young Members Registrar

Find out more about the Young Members Register HERE
keef
Minor Friendly

Post by keef »

Lingfield today. :-

Keef - Dartford Kent UK
1962 A40 Farina MkII Saloon (Yoko), 1965 VDP 1100 MkI Saloon (JJ), 1965 Series 2 SWB Land Rover (Dutchy)
1966 Riley Kestrel MK1 Saloon (Victor), 1968 Wolseley 1100 MkI Saloon (Jasper)
1972 Wolseley Six Saloon (Reckless), 1974 VDP 1300 MkIII Saloon (Tike)
< http://cbc.homelinux.com/gallery2/main.php >
=========
chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

Saw Andrew Stone and his convertible on the hard shoulder of the M42 yesterday morning!

Recovery truck was already present.
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

:oops: Oh dear!

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

Green Traveler On Saturday leaving Sainsburys Newport and same one this morning heading for the M4 J25 off Caerleon Rd. I waved but no reply.

Tapitha
Minor Fan

Post by Tapitha »

Black 803cc split screen Series II at Woodbridge Road East shops in Ipswich this morning. Parked my 1000 in front of it. Had a good chat with owner who has several Minors and an A30. Never seen his car before although we only live about a mile apart!
Mike
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

last week on holiday in the south of france we saw a traveller in the carrefour carpark in Fumel as we drove past.. and a lovely blue van with a white roof and minilite wheels in puy l'eveque.
wilfred

Post by wilfred »

Several beautifully presented examples turned up at the Hebden Bridge Vintage Weekend last week.
Dryad
Minor Addict

Post by Dryad »

Saw a lovely grey Minor pickup (H reg) in Hawes, north Yorkshire today. Excellent condition.

LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Saw a green 4 door and a bedouin traveller in Highams Park & Wood ford (east London) today.

Also spotted this pick up at Boston classic car show last Sunday. It was purchased by a greengrocer and left the factory as a chassis cab. The rear body was custom built by a company in London and the 'side cage' was added at Spitalfields market:[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

And not a Minor I know, but there was also this - a beetle with a mercedes grille :o [frame]Image[/frame]

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Georgina
Minor Friendly

Post by Georgina »

saw a really nice shiny green 2dr today parked on brecon carpark .super shiny ! :)
morris van
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by morris van »

I saw the Traveller near my aunts house that has been parked on a drive a long time and that they had got it running and will be put back on the road.
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

LouiseM wrote:Saw a green 4 door and a bedouin traveller in Highams Park & Wood ford (east London) today.

Also spotted this pick up at Boston classic car show last Sunday. It was purchased by a greengrocer and left the factory as a chassis cab. The rear body was custom built by a company in London and the 'side cage' was added at Spitalfields market:[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
How fascinating! Something odd, or incomplete about the history of that one as it appears to have the same registration as a van with side windows I had in the early '90s[frame]Image[/frame]
I would guess that my old van, which had new floors and sills and an amazingly good chassis, though brush painted and with a (generally unloved) side window conversion, was used as a doner chassis cab for rebuilding the pickup. Its even a London registration to match in with the 'history' of the pickup.
I bought YGO838G in about 1992 when it was garden shed green and got it on the road to use whilst I restored my first Minor. Not liking the green, I re brushed it in Dulux gloss a sort of mushroom grey. Thinking it looked pale and boring I did the wings in black, and then the wheels in red so it looked less monochrome! It was great fun in the way that cheap motors often are and it carried my friend (in the pic) and myself round a couple of RAC rallys which we used to help marshal in those days (when it was a proper rally and went all round the country!). Went to two Minor Nationals in it too and came second in the Blinfolded Driving Competion at Billing Aquadrome - great fun. Ended up fitting new cab floors and sills from Henric and it turned out a more thorough solid job than the one I was 'proper' restoring. Later sold it when I was skint and had finished my 'proper' van to guy in York in about 1994/5 who offered me his Porsche 924 as a swap. I took the cash!
Glad it lives on, at least in some form.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

Back to the subject rather than rambling on about my old van!
Saturday in Tenbury Wells, passed a well used looking green 4dr 1000 with Charles Ware sticker in the back window goingthe other way, shortly followed by a shiny maroon convertible on a J plate (presumably a conversion?). As is so often the case with such encounters, I was in the Land Rover, so waving just makes you look a like a nutter.... :)
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

xlollx
Minor Friendly

Post by xlollx »

I saw a trafalgar blue (think 2 door) convertible whilst on holiday in Somerset last week. It was on a stretch of road between Wells and Weston Super Mare with a female driver. I was in a Vauxhall Corsa so didn't wave in fear of looking a fool.

Is it the done think for Morris Minor owners to wave when they see one another on the road. I remember my parents doing this when they owned their 1960s VW Camper van.
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

xlollx wrote: Is it the done think for Morris Minor owners to wave when they see one another on the road. I remember my parents doing this when they owned their 1960s VW Camper van.
I think it generally works for any niche, enthusiast owned vehicle. Older the better possibly. I used to find any Series (leaf sprung) Land Rover was good for a wave when I was out in my Series 1. Now with a 130" Defender, you have to look for the enthusiast, ie: the spotlights, bull bar and winch brigade to find a Land Rover enthusiast to wave at. Plain Defenders are more
likely a farmer at work...
Mischeviously I tried to start a trend when my wife bought a red Citroen Berlingo, by waving at any other red Berlingo. It surprised a few folk, but one day she came home in it and said "someone waved at me in another Red Berlingo!" Result :)
It's less make specific the older the car. When in something prewar, anything else of a similar age is normally a dead cert on exchanging waves. Though I got a wave from someone in a 3litre Bentley when I was out in the '53 convertible recently which was nice.
Smile and wave, it makes the world a happier place :D
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

There seems to be a hierarchy of classic waving sometimes. If you see something in a similar class to a Minor, like a Midget or Spitfire or something, you can happily wave to them and they'll probably wave back.

More upmarket stuff though, I tend to wait for them to wave and then wave back! I did get waves off two E type Jags in a row on Sunday :)
morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

Saw a Traveller in a car park in Pheasant Close,Berkhamsted.

timlyon
Minor Friendly

Post by timlyon »

I was quite chuffed when a glorious 1920s Rolls Royce waved as he passed. Living in a village we all wave to each other but you know that you have been accepted by the locals when just the right index finger is slowly raised from the steering wheel as they pass!
Tim Lyon

"ROG"
www.newtricks.co.uk