Project V8

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
meerkat
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Project V8

Post by meerkat »

Took the car down the road prior to the MOT and it quickly became apparant that the rear springs are not strong enough, so will revert to plan a and refit tthe other shocks and springs then see what happens, the clutch is fine however I need to bleed the brakes again as they were less than adequate. and that was it, so hopefully it shall be mot'd next week. :P
Don't let the dream stealers get you
meerkat
Minor Friendly

Post by meerkat »

the finished article well on the outside anyway, I shall book the mot tomorrow and hopefully when thats done I can run it for a bit whilst all the niggles pop up then I shall finish the interior.
chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

Great stuff. Looks perfect! A nice mix, sort of a sleeper, but just enough hints to tell you something special is going on underneath 8)

Good luck for the MOT. More pics please :D
meerkat
Minor Friendly

Post by meerkat »

On the way to the testing station the n/s wiper stopped working so mild panic before I took it in but managed to resolve it, the car is still very low at the front so much so that it only just got onto the ramp so I may have to change the front springs. It passed the mot and if it ever stops raining I shall get out and take some pics.
On another note can anyone tell me how to get put a picture on my heading for when I post items?
manxrooster

Post by manxrooster »

Nice build Meerkat. Im just doing the sills etc on my 67 two door, now a bare shell, and was wondering which way to go with her...think you've just answered my question. Thanks. :D
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

Looks great, the White says innocence, but the stance say not!

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
meerkat
Minor Friendly

Post by meerkat »

a few pics, there are still a few things to do, tidying the engine bay is one of them, the engine is running a bit rough at the moment, I shall have to get someone in as I dont have the equipment to tune the carb.
meerkat
Minor Friendly

Post by meerkat »

A warning to all those who are contemplating a similar project. I went thru my statements to see how much the project had cost...... I was shocked to learn that it was just over £9000 including mot and insurance which if I were to sell the car would be about the price i would put on it. I would be interested to know how much other v8's have cost, that is if you can hide this column from the other half as some of you might not want that info out !!!!
plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

Thats why I advocate that you buy one already completed as you'll save a fortune. I've bought 2 V8 minors - one cost me £1k and I've spent about an additional £3k max on it over 8 years - wouldn't sell it though. The other cost £800 and needs quite a bit spent to do it to a standard I'd be happy with. However, to put it on the road cheaply wouldn't cost more than £1k doing it myself.
However, my other V8 minor has cost an absolute fortune to have it mainly pro built - circa £25k by the time it's finished, but that figure includes a major glitch in the build process (£5k wasted) which had to start again :o

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
morrisfixer
Minor Fan

Post by morrisfixer »

Well done with the build, cool lookin car, enjoy :D
Worth every penny pete :D it's stunning! :D :D

Stevie

meerkat
Minor Friendly

Post by meerkat »

Now my car is on the road, can someone tell me if there is a program of events for next year.
ratrodmog
Minor Fan

Post by ratrodmog »

What kind of events are you after? Next year is jammed full of shows not just for the Morris but for all customs, classics etc. Wheels Day, Aldershot (customs, classics, hot rods, street rods all in a one day event at the end of March)
MMOC Dorset Branch show at Beaulieu http://www.dorsetmmoc.co.uk/Beaulieu-2013.php
MMOC National Rally
Retro Rides Gathering, Prescott Hill climb track 18th August
and many more... :D
Bash's Speed Shop
meerkat
Minor Friendly

Post by meerkat »

where DO you find all this info from
ratrodmog
Minor Fan

Post by ratrodmog »

Just shows I've been to most years. There isn't really a list of all shows that I know of (although this would be nice). It also depends on where you are as there's several local shows close to me that happen on a weekly/monthly basis that welcome all types of cars from moderns to vintage http://www.classiccarsontheprom.com/index.html. Might be worth looking in your local paper or at local car clubs.
Bash's Speed Shop
plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

Have a look here - http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php?si ... a0a6824b62
Next years events will be posted in due course, but check out this years list for an idea.

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
meerkat
Minor Friendly

Post by meerkat »

For all those interested in modified cars, this website in USA has my car featured and will also put your suitably modified minor onto the site. Go to www.britishv8.org, under photo galleries click on other british cars, then morris.
they do a how it was done section and all you pertrol heads out there will thoroughly enjoy the site.
ratrodmog
Minor Fan

Post by ratrodmog »

Great site and an amazing car, thanks for the link 8)
Bash's Speed Shop
meerkat
Minor Friendly

Post by meerkat »

I have just acquired a nitrous kit for the car and already my eyes are turning red and I can feel horns sprouting from my forehead!! :evil:
meerkat
Minor Friendly

Post by meerkat »

this should help make it go!!!!!!!
The car is starting to get some regular use as the weather improves. and I'm fine tuning it as I go, needless to say it goes like a train with that lovley v8 burble, the ride is very acceptable and the power brakes are first class, more updates to follow.
meerkat
Minor Friendly

Post by meerkat »

Did tour of the D Day landings, the car covered 600 miles without a problem, and wherever it was parked people came over to look and take photos which made all the hard work worthwhile, picture was at Pegasus bridge