Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
GavinL
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Non standards wheels?

Post by GavinL »

My Morris 1000 has what I think are non standard wheels. They are stamped lp896 I've seen reference to these on the forum as being 4.5J wheels, which tallies I think with the 165/60 R14 tyres fitted. Having measured them I think they are 4.5J rims. Question is what are they off, and are they suitable for my car?
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Non standards wheels?

Post by les »

You sure they are not lp936, if they are then they are ok for a minor but if you want to sell them, let me know, I'm looking for some.

edd_barker
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Non standards wheels?

Post by edd_barker »

LP936 are van wheels with the extra width on the outside of the wheel. They will look slightly deeper dish than standard van wheels, and obviously deeper than standard saloon wheels.

They allow you to fit a wider tyre (available from usual suppliers) which is good for safety and handling. They are also very rare and unusual. If you like the look of them and are not short of money, keep them! I have them on mine and think they really suit the look of the car. If you are not fussed, sell them. They are very desirable as a genuine Morris wheel, and therefore should command a decent price.

edd