Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
scotwood59
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Members in Devon

Post by scotwood59 »

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there are any active members in the North Devon area?

Am I the only one? I see a couple of travellers around here but I haven't seen any other Moggys.

Are George and I here on our own? :cry: :cry:

It would be nice to meet up.
George
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Re: Members in Devon

Post by ASL642 »

No - we have a Devon Branch :D Contact Lorna Moggridge who's based in Wellington. 10eight23 67two693

The Branch meet first Wednesday of the month 8pm Priory Bar, Cowick Barton, Cowick Lane, Exeter.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
Solstice Runner

Post by Solstice Runner »

Hello.
We're in Christow and have just joined. Bought 1957 TUL 570 in the rare shade of aqua last week, our third Minor but first saloon.
Long time out of the classic car saddle but delighted to be back in.
Nigel and Di Canham[frame]Image[/frame]
scotwood59
Minor Friendly

Post by scotwood59 »

Hi,

Whereabouts is Christow? It is not a place I know.

I have only been a member for a few weeks but have learned lots on here.

Everyone is very friendly and helpful and nearly every aspect of restoration is here. You just have to spend a few hours going through all the threads!

I am trying to grapple with the internal combustion engine at the moment. When I was at school they didn't think it was a very suitable subject for a girl!!!

Hope you enjoy the site
George
Nuffles
Minor Fan

Post by Nuffles »

I'm from Morchard Bishop (draw a straight line on a map between Exeter and Barnstaple and halfway along that line will be a tiny village called 'growing up in hell'), I go to college and work in Exeter though, which is a bit of a trek but the only civilisation for miles (I don't like being a teenager in Devon, can you tell? :roll:) I drive Aristotle - 1968 maroon (albeit faded) 4dr saloon. There are quite a few Mogs around here, there's a black split-screen in Crediton driven by an ancient old hag who never waves, a faded green slightly rat looky (slight lowering, roof rack, spotlights, rostyles) in Crediton too, but I don't see that one so much. Had a decent chat with the guy who owns it a while back though. There's another black split screen I see around Exeter with modern front seats and a pretty 30 something lady driving it but never seen it while I'm in mine so no chance to wave without looking like a loon. There's a green trav parked up in Chulmleigh too.
scotwood59
Minor Friendly

Post by scotwood59 »

Ah yes, I know Morchard Bishop.

I know what you mean about teenagers growing up here, having brought three up in North Devon.

I have just met another young man up here in my neck of the woods but he is off to Uni and selling his Moggy (see my thread on 1969 Minor on ebay). I have never seen him in it!!

It seems that all the activity is down towards the South. I thought the "new" link road was supposed to open up North Devon to the world. Perhaps just not to moggy owners!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am so glad there a few of you young things interested in these lovely cars. I do see a Traveller up here but that is about it!!

Sometimes you have to take the chance and wave whatever the consequences!! :roll:
George
AlexHatcher1961

Post by AlexHatcher1961 »

Hey there, my mum and I both have minors and we live just out of south molton.

We have just joined and im hopefully going to learn to drive in mine as my 17th is in september :)
My mum has a Grey splitscreen convertible with minilights, might of seen her around as she drives it regulary :D she also gives off quite a roar with a lancia twin cam under the bonnet :lol:

Its nice to see there are so many of us moggie owners in North Devon, keep on rollin' :D

Alex and Kate Hatcher
Alex Hatcher :) My '61 Saloon-->
markthe45king
Minor Fan

Post by markthe45king »

Nuffles - is your photo on the A303? i ask because having seen the A303 documentary - a road lily and i have only done the once - there was a bit from a very similar bridge (although they obviously moved your armchair!) and sadly i remembered your photo!
We have been around Torquay a couple of times - doing a wedding once - it's pretty much subaru country down there!
[sig]10256[/sig]
youngun
Minor Addict

Post by youngun »

Im located just South of Barnstaple (I see your in Braunton), unfortunately my Morris is nowhere near roadworthy.....still after 5 years!!
Ultimate rust cure for your moggy....paint it brown, at least that way you dont notice the rust as much!!
chrisd87
Minor Addict

Post by chrisd87 »

I went to university in Exeter (2006-09), and miss it loads. Used to see a few Minors around - a fellow student had a rose taupe one, there was a white saloon nearby with Marina wheels, and I used to see a traveller plodding around occasionally. My blue Minor is currently in a garage a couple of miles away from Christow :P. I used to go through Christow quite regularly, whilst on my motorcycle rides up to the reservoirs, Dartmoor and beyond.

This was on the B3212, March '07. Happy days.
[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/chrisd87/DSC00749.jpg[/img][img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/chrisd87/med_gallery_128_45_1416415.jpg[/img]
Sarah - 1970 Minor 1000 2-dr
Maggie - 1969 Minor 1000 4-dr