Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
JSimons
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Pickup Interior

Post by JSimons »

Hi all,

We are having our pickup resprayed at the moment and would like to put an original style interior in it.

The interior that was in it when we got it can be seen in the picture.

Could someone please tell me what colour it should be, and what the overall interior should be like.

I believe that the seats are later ones that are incorrect as i have seen black vinyl covers for a pickup which are a simple three stripe pattern. Also i know that the door cards should be plain card without the 'flutes' that appear to be on ours, also the door pulls should be lower.

The pickup was built in 1960 and painted in Pearl Grey

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated as we would like to get it sorted soon.

Kind Regards,

Joe[frame]Image[/frame]
Pikey
Minor Fan

Re: Pickup Interior

Post by Pikey »

Being a grey pickup I think you should have an arizona beige (brown) trim, a colour not far off what youve got now actually, but the interior youve got now appears to be all out of a late 4 door saloon.

The seats should be as you say 3 simple sewn in stripes.

The door cards should just be simple brown mill board with a leatherette door pull strap showing through an elongated slot in the mill board. A little brass trim protects the elongated slot. The chrome item youve got is another saloon item.

Im saying you should have brown, but you cant get new brown LCV interior trim anymore (or you couldnt when I restored mine), all new LCV trim will have to be Black, like mine.

I can post up a photo of my interior if you wanted but mine is all black.

Cheers

Steve

JSimons
Minor Friendly

Post by JSimons »

Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I found our heritage certificate last night stating that indeed the interior should be 'brown'

I can get brown carpet and brown seat covers from ESM, but they only sell the black door cards.

Not sure whether the colour combo will work, but can't see brown and black as being too bad.

Do you think the seat covers being sold will fit over the existing seats? Im presuming after the series II all the seats were the same, even in the LCV's?

Regards

Joe
Pikey
Minor Fan

Post by Pikey »

I wouldnt put the new seat covers over the old.

Just as a check too, do you have LCV seat frames or saloon seat frames. They are different which I only found out myself recently. A saloon car variant trav/convert/saloon etc all have a sloping rear floor so the seat legs are taller at the back to accomodiate saloon floor. The LCV floor is flat so your seats will be too high at the back.

My passender seat is actually a trav folding seat and it sits too high, well higher than the genuine LCV driver seat anyway. Ive got a proper LCV folding frame to replace it one day.

Cant comment on whether or not Series 2 lcv's are the same as later versions because I dont know.

Steve

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Newton Commercial do replacement seat covers in vinyl in the light brown, and in the original pattern for your vehicle.

Not cheap but if you have spent a lot of money restoring it it's a shame not to get the interior right.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512