Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
youngun
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

An update and some sad news

Post by youngun »

Hello all,

I've been away for a while, as the moggy lives down in Devon and I study up in Oxford, hence very little has happened in terms of progress in the last year.
I have got to the stage where I have decided to continue my studies to do a masters and then with some luck, a PhD. Hence my moggy project has to go as it will never get done, and i need all the cash i can get!
I would greatly appreciate it if some experienced people on the board could help to give me an idea of how much it is worth in its current state, which I shall describe for now but pictures will appear shortly once I have removed the dust sheets and swallow muck!
1957 4 door (clarendon grey) 948cc saloon. All necessary welding completed, including sills, spring hangers, nearside front chassis leg, inner wings, both rear floor pans, plus countless little bits and pieces. All properly cut out and welded in then seam sealed, zinc primed and waxoyled.
Fully rebuilt suspension, front and rear with polybushes, new trunnions, leaf springs etc.
Chassis stripped to bare metal and zinc primed, then 3 coats of cellulose primer.....this is how it currently stands
2 sets of rear wings, one set original, the other a set that need minimal repairing to make good
2 sets of doors, the originals plus another set in better nick.
All other parts, including a few new bits and pieces, are currently off the car and labelled bagged or boxed as the car was complete when I first got it.
I also have a lovely service book for it, detailing it was serviced at the same garage from new for well over 15 years, the original service voucher book also remains...with some vouchers still in it.
Original registration and current V5c are also present.

I know I will not get back the money I have spent on it, but I have learnt a lot from it. Once I have a decent set of pictures up and an idea of what to ask for it, I shall put it up for sale on the forum here. If it doesnt go, I will stick it on ebay.

Thanks.

YG.
Ultimate rust cure for your moggy....paint it brown, at least that way you dont notice the rust as much!!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: An update and some sad news

Post by bmcecosse »

Oh dear - I know a LOT of work has gone into this project. Shame to not get it finished...... Good luck with the studies!
ImageImage
tomas.geoghegan
Minor Fan

Post by tomas.geoghegan »

Hi Sad but cheer up you might want to get one later in life when you finished studying.
Tomas

youngun
Minor Addict

Post by youngun »

Thanks for the words chaps. Here is a link to some pictures I took a couple of days ago, I'm waiting for some decent weather so I can get all the boxes out of the other shed to photograph.
As can be seen, the car is completely and totally repaired underneath and nicely waxoyled.

I was thinking of putting it up, asking £900 for it as I have seen completely rotten examples go for £600 and this will take far less work and money for someone with the time. Thoughts?

http://s1171.photobucket.com/albums/r557/MrBenjaminTea/
Ultimate rust cure for your moggy....paint it brown, at least that way you dont notice the rust as much!!
chickenjohn
Minor Legend

Post by chickenjohn »

Hi Youngun, good luck with the sale, if you were local to me, I would be interested. The price seems reasonable if the welding is as good as it looks in the pictures, you have done a good job!

Shame you won't be enjoying the car, but good luck with the sale and with your studies!
Cheers John - all comments IMHO
- Come to this years Kent branches Hop rally! http://www.kenthop.co.uk
(check out the East Kent branch website http://www.ekmm.co.uk )
ImageImage
youngun
Minor Addict

Post by youngun »

Thanks John, Im going to be gutted to see it gone. But hopefully it will go to a good home where someone will have the time to finish it and enjoy it.

A further link to a few pictures of the engine.

http://s1171.photobucket.com/albums/r55 ... %20Engine/