what is the widest i can go on front, and on the back
on the front i have marina disks, apart fom that it is standard
so whats the best i can do
cheers tom
Innovator
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Innovator »

It depends on what diameter you are going to run and the tyre size.

At the front your inset and offset is critical. Generally get the wheel as close to the upright as you can and then go as wide as you can before the tyre hits the wing. You will find that about 6" is about as wide as you can go. A smaller wheel with a low profile tyre will give you more room than a 15" wheel.

You should be able to get 15" in but I think these look too big. I have run 6 x 13" on a Minor with 185 60 13 tyres and no problems. We have also run 6" x 14" with 185 50 tyres.

At the rear you should be able to go bigger as there is more room. Unfortunately I do not know the maximim size.

John
Tomkemp

minilites

Post by Tomkemp »

thank you any one know how wide at the back
fweddy
Minor Fan

Post by fweddy »

I have seen a pair of widened std rims which were running 205 70 14s I'm not sure what width the rims were but that was the tyre they were running for the rear. I think these were on a pickup - maybe a flatdeck (flat bed / table top). Which would give it more space for width.
[img]http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/65427/Sig.jpg[/img]
ColinChandler
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by ColinChandler »

Hello,
Years ago, I had a pair of 7"x14" Wolfrace on the back of my truck. They were fine if you we empty or only lightly loaded but if there was too much in the back, the suspension compressed and allowed the wheelarch lip to just rub on the tyre. They would just be too wide I guess for all conditions. They filled the arches out a treat though and it was like being on rails when it was driven.
Cheers, Colin.
_h_____
Minor Friendly

Post by _h_____ »

You can always roll the lips on the wheel arches, this is common practice with other cars, gives you a little bit extra.