Different front seats what can I use? Metro?

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
blue-python
MMOC Member: No

Different front seats what can I use? Metro?

Post by blue-python »

Hi

Has anyone fitted different front seats to a 2 door?(more comfortable) if so what have you used and is access for rear passenger still ok. I wonder if metro would be a good bet.?

Cheers

blue-python
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

You would probably have to fit a bespoke seat base to the car too and the style of these needs considering. I had Metro seats and Newton Commercial bases (basically a sheet metal box) in my 4 door and they were a bit of a pain for any rear seat passengers that were tall enough to have their feet on the floor.
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I wonder if metro would be a good bet.?
Providing they are from a 2 door door metro, thats why the MG ones are favorite.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
blue-python

METRO BACK SEATS???

Post by blue-python »

Hi

I was able to get hold a a good clean pair of front seats and will make up a bracket to fit them, at the same time I also got the back seats as well, has anyone ever fitted Metro rear seats into a 2 door? if what was required modification?

Cheers

blue-python
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

has anyone ever fitted Metro rear seats into a 2 door?
I have seen them fitted into a Traveller but not a saloon and that required a small alteration to the inner wheel arch areas.
Cheers

Kevin

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
Robins
Minor Fan

Post by Robins »

MG Metro front seats are real comfortable, the base frame I used to make myself for all mine but a pain. I was a huge fan of Metro seats in moggies till recently. Remember if your making base frames to get the driver seat as near the centre of the car as poss so the steering wheels is central to the seat or you could be driving at an angle. I have just fitted Volvo seats in my van now, I got some real dudie part leather ones with loads more adjustments on them and really comfey. The problem I found with Metro seats is most have seen better days and the wires to make the tilt & slide bit to access to rear are either on the last legs or broke already.

As for the rear seat, anything is possible bud. I have the front and back full leather and electric seats from a Ford Scorpio in my traveller. Yes the Scorpio is a huge luxury car but they fit. So metro rears should be a peice of cake to fit.
cheers, Daniel
[img]http://www.daniel-robins.co.uk/becky%20web%20pics/20052.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.daniel-robins.co.uk/archie/10107.jpg[/img]
The pulling power of a Turbo Diesel! The voices may not be real, but they have good ideas.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I have the front and back full leather and electric seats from a Ford Scorpio in my traveller.
Just goes to show what fits I would not have even looked at Granada seats as I would have assumed they would be to big :o
Cheers

Kevin

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
blue-python

Post by blue-python »

Hi thanks for that.

I have now fitted rear Metro seats and that was easy.. I will do front seats in a couple weeks time.. I must admit the seats are like brand new!!! and very comfy... £30 for two front and the rear seats so well pleased...

Thanks for tip re front seat position, I will make up a frame or some sort of mounting blocks like the originals but stronger.

Car went straight through MOT yesty and has not been on the road for many years.

Nice driving with the hood down, next job is to drop my 1275 into her and fit up my new Marina disk brakes.

The only other job I face in a few years is the old floor replacment and the drivers side chasis rail, oh that dreaded master cylinder!, mind you I need to take it out to do disk brakes so will I wait and fit 1275 and disk brakes until after the floor???

Bye for now

blue-python
wanderinstar
Minor Addict

Different Seats

Post by wanderinstar »

I used front and rear seats from "F" reg Honda Accord Aerodeck.Fronts need subframes making and rears were taken to a coachtrimmers to be modified for Minor. I was originally quoted an arm and a leg but after shopping round got it done for about £40.
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

I have now fitted rear Metro seats and that was easy..
All the rear metro seats I have seen have brackets below the seat base. Did yours have these? did you remove them or are they the right length to fit the minor floor?
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.