Secondary fuel tank?

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sci
MMOC Member: No

Secondary fuel tank?

Post by Sci »

Okay, some may veiw this as idiocy, but I have the dream of drving my 4door around the world. As in completely. Container-ships between continents, and over land the rest of the way.

This is possibly getting a bit ahead of myself, as the car still doesn't have a floor again. But still, the idea influences most of the modifications I make.
Reading about the London-Sydney run, I noticed the mention of a secondary fuel tank, in case the main one was ruptured or contaminated.

So, after some thought and guestimation, I've bought a second-hand Mini fuel tank off eBay. I rekon it'll fit, since it's an early one, and smaller than the later series.

It only occurs to me now though, to ask if anyone else has experiences of doing such things? Ehehe... :oops:
rayofleamington
MMOC Member: No

Post by rayofleamington »

Jerry cans are quite common for round the world trips rather than additional fuel tanks. Jerry cans can be carried 10 miles down the road when you've run out.....
as the moggie has a sucker pump, if you damaged your fuel tank and had to run off a jerry can it would not be hard to rig up.