Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
minor65
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Leather cleaner

Post by minor65 »

Since there is next to nothing on the TV. I decided to start treating / cleaning my 61's seats. I removed the drivers seat and cleaned it via a small sponge with Belvoir Glycerine Saddle Soap. Which was recommended to me by David McC and I have to say it is super duper stuff and I can't believe what a difference it made. As it cleans and softens in one go.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carr-day-and- ... 4ae2436805

dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Re: Leather cleaner

Post by dalebrignall »

been using that for years kiefer is very good as well
[sig]5641[/sig]
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Try gliptone its a great leather cleaner and not greasy .The product can be found on Ebay and makes the leather smell new :D
Tea
Minor Fan

Post by Tea »

I may give that a go in the future.
We've just cleaned ours and used an electric toothbrush along with some kind of Autoglym product. I cannot begin to described how much better they come up using that than using either a regular toothbrush, cloth, sponge, etc. I went along with it slowly in one direction and then the opposite followed by cleaning with clean water and applying a calm balm after.

I dread to think how many hours I spent on each seat, but was worth it in the end.
minor65
Minor Addict

Post by minor65 »

There is difference on the back of the passenger seat[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

mbo145
Minor Fan

Post by mbo145 »

Saddle soap is brilliant! It is amazing how much grime comes off! As you said it also makes the leather soft again. When it is really dry apply "Conolly's Hide Food" that feeds the leather, it is good stuff too
My 1956 Series 11 Traveller! Bought when I was 17 (1985)....sold 6 years (1991) later......bought back 9 years after that! (2000) With 6 different owners in the middle, what a lucky boy I am!
minor65
Minor Addict

Post by minor65 »

Thanks Phil, will bare that in mind.