The labels on the later heater

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
an_avenger
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

The labels on the later heater

Post by an_avenger »

Hello all -

Does anyone know if you can buy the original labels which are present on the later heater facia. Currently I'm resoring the heater facia and i want to renew the 'car', 'window' and 'off' labels which are at each of the three selector points on the heater? :wink:
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I don't know of any genuine lables avaliable but you could try Vehicle wiring products at www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk they do a nifty self adhesive sheet that has markings and loads of vehicle related symbols in white on a clear background. I have one and can see WINDOW and OFF but no CAR though if you were patient you could make one up. it is only £1 plus VAT the catalogue refrence is SYM and can be found on their website.
Hope this might help
olonas

Heater labels

Post by olonas »

Dr Dave - I've used this sheet from Vehicle Wiring Products, very good too. You're right there isn't a "car" label but the sheet I have did have "demist" I've used some of the others in my Traveller, if originality doesn't matter they make a nice finishing touch. (self adhesive so possibly only one chance of correct positioning, they are very sticky).
The companies catalogue is well worth obtaining also.
an_avenger
Minor Fan

Post by an_avenger »

brilliant thanks guys :wink: :lol: