Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Oldmogman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Parking for Goodwood Breakfast club classic car meet

Post by Oldmogman »

Is there anyone who's attended the Goodwood Breakfast club classic car meet and who could tell me what the situation is for parking?

I'd been told classic cars park inside the track area, but I heard from someone else that the innner track area is only for cars chosen for display.

Or perhaps there's a special classic parking area in the field opposite, as for the Revival.

(And before anyone says 'call Goodwood', I've just tried but the line's tied up so I guess they're busy with the Festival of Speed!)
arjay
Minor Friendly

Re: Parking for Goodwood Breakfast club classic car meet

Post by arjay »

I went a few years ago in my MGA, having registered it (and apparently having been 'selected' for the event). I arrived early and was parked in one of the team shelters infield. Those arriving later - and pre-registered - were parked on the track either side of the Pits. It may have changed since then. I had the same routine a couple of years later but was unable to go. I am not sure what happens if you don't have the right windscreen pass.
mowogg
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by mowogg »

If you are registered as an Exhibitor you park on thr track or in thr pits area. If you just have tickets to visit you park in thr adjacent field parking. There is lots of parking and it's all free. You then walk in which is about 5 to 10 minutes away
Oldmogman
Minor Fan

Post by Oldmogman »

Thanks for the info, guys!