Are we allowed to talk about Austin A30 restoration?

Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
katiekat
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by katiekat »

Yes I meant the way the gun adjusts is different on my new gun. For example, the fan size adjustment is really sensitive, going from a cone shape to direct spray in a quarter turn.

My old gun is suction feed but my new gun is gravity feed and sprays much better on horizontal surfaces.

I suppose a professional would be able to use any gun without any practice but with me being a novice it took me a while to get used to the new gun!
[sig]9631[/sig]
britab1967
Minor Fan

Post by britab1967 »

Very nice.
Knebworth 2011 National Rally
Sky and Molly

katiekat
Minor Fan

Post by katiekat »

I don't know if you can tell the difference but I sprayed another two coats today after filling some tiny holes. I would say it's just about finished outside now. Do you like it?

Baby Austin:
<br>Image<br>
[sig]9631[/sig]
mal
Minor Addict

Post by mal »

. Do you like it?
Yes.. the fence and the tyres have come up very well :lol: :lol:

The car looks great also :wink: :lol:
katiekat
Minor Fan

Post by katiekat »

There's no paint on the fence! My aim is not that bad!

The tyres are those white wall ones but some of the white has rubbed off! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[sig]9631[/sig]
davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

looks really nice in that colour,are you changing the tyres for new or repainting them black. The body looks nice and solid, did you have to do any bodywork repairs before this epic paint job?
smile, you never know, you might be winning.[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2ro3j37.jpg[/IMG]
mal
Minor Addict

Post by mal »

There's no paint on the fence! My aim is not that bad!
Must be a reflection of that gleaming paintwork :wink:

Like the colour Katie, mine is Tweed grey..<br>Image<br>
ani
Minor Addict

Post by ani »

So cute! I think these two little cars belong together :D :D
So Kate - what's the next plan - my pick-up ? Or is there a queue of cars lined up outside your house :lol:

<br>Image<br>
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Think I'd be carefull just how many of these you are doing, and not keeping. As suggested the council will soon take interest as you have no means of controling the dangerous chemicals given off during spraying. Neighbours, animals, pets and plants will be being subjected to the poisonous chemicals in the thinners.
If you commission jobs and carry on in this manner then the council will take a very dim view, as you have no 3rd party insurance for this activity should a neighbour or their children have a reaction to the chenmicals that you are blasting about.
Sorry to be negative but you really should have adequate premesis/facilities to do this kind of work.

kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

along the same lines a JH I have a 30 by 30 foot garage at the rear of my house But in a residential area. I have filters on an extraction system,About 10 years ago when I was involved in rebuilding MGBs,I had four parked up behind the house, All registered to me But as a result of a complaint the local council and trading standards were over me like a rash.The council suggesting that I was running a business, without planning permission and without paying business rates and the trading standards because I had sold two cars in the space of four weeks without showing a T after the adverts to indicate that I was a trader.In the north east the trading standards link to the car marts and auto trader and local rags to monitor private car sales to pick up on traders. they do it because a trader has to comply with the road traffic act in that its an offence to sell an unroadworthy vehicle.A private seller is not included. I now limit what I do and very rarely get involved in full resprays,no more than one or two a year. Belive me katikat somebody will eventually complain then watch out for the men in black suits.Sorry but thats how it is .
katiekat
Minor Fan

Post by katiekat »

Yes you're absolutely right. I'm going to keep the baby Austin and I'm not doing any more at home. I have only painted and sold one car so hopefully I won't get banged up in Durham jail or anything. Thanks for the warning - my car painting days are over now.

It would have been great to do this as a job but I suppose it would cost a small fortune to get a proper place for spraying. Oh well, never mind.
[sig]9631[/sig]
ani
Minor Addict

Post by ani »

Shame because you're obviously pretty good at this :-( Perhaps you could convert the ground floor of your house into a paintshop and live upstairs. Obviously you will need to link everything up to the cooker extractor then all the fumes can go out that way :lol:

<br>Image<br>
Last edited by ani on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

OMG! You'll give her ideas and she'll loose her home! :lol:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
katiekat
Minor Fan

Post by katiekat »

I've got a very large tent. I could drive cars into the back garden, then into the tent. I'll use the extractor from the bathroom to get rid of the poisonous fumes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[sig]9631[/sig]
ani
Minor Addict

Post by ani »

Simples!

<br>Image<br>