Green Goddess Fire Engine

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MarkyB
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Re: Green Goddess Fire Engine

Post by MarkyB »

Where's the water cannon then?
That and a big bar of soap would have them running for their lives! :D

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Now that I really like! :lol:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
Trabantdave
Minor Friendly

Post by Trabantdave »

A choice of Water Cannons for your joy and delectation-soap optional, and a Lada Control Car.

I think that when the German Democratic Republic was absorbed by the BRD that you could buy the set for about 10 D-Marks.

I've owned Trabants, Ladas and pre-VW Skodas and they are good fun; in many ways similar to the Minor in that the designs were effective if basic and produced almost unchanged for decades; the Trabant was quite revolutionary (no pun intended) with a steel monocoque clad in rustless plastic resin panels, and front-wheel-drive. The Eastern Bloc Mini!

Albeit with a 600cc aircooled two-cylinder two-stroke engine driving the fron wheels through a four speed column change gearbox. The fueltank sat under the bonnet (over the passengers feet :o ) and the fuel gauge was a plastic dipstick.

For those unfamiliar with cars from the DDR I present....... The trabant! Made from 1964 to 1990, also latterly came with a 1.1 VW Polo engine

The Poles produced a super little car called the Syrena - built until 1983! Three cylinder water-cooled two-stroke similar to Wartburg

And finally the Wartburg 311/312 from the mid 60's- I am currently negotiating with my wife to buy one of these; she is from Poland and remembers her dad having a Trabant in the late 70's as well as a Lada - the one with a chrome grille that he refers to laughingly as his 'Russian Mercedes' , one of his friends owns a superb Warti that I am hoping to buy and import to the UK.

That's all for now

Dave

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

No offence to the Lada or your Trabant, but I'll take the water cannon! I could have really good fun with that. :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
Trabantdave
Minor Friendly

Post by Trabantdave »

The top two have a very purposeful look to them, they are IFA G 5 SK 2 WaWe; WaWe is Wasserwerfer- water cannon,

The third pic is a Star. These were made in Poland and used with great effect by the Milicja Obywatelska, or Peoples Mititia.

They lost much credibilty by augmenting their fleet with these bad boys - these are why the iron curtain fell :D :D

and

mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

You could start a car wash business :)
[sig]3580[/sig]
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

We'd probably get sued by all the people complaining about their leaking windscreens! The pressure from a water cannon would probably turn the car over. :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
Quendil
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Quendil »

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

:D Would love to trundle that in to my local Test Centre and ask for an MOT! (and yes I know they're exempt) :wink:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512