vinyl seat paint ideas?

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
moggyadventurer

Re: vinyl seat paint ideas?

Post by moggyadventurer »

Simply superb!

How far do the spray cans go as I think I will be taking the plunge with woolies.
1mustard
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by 1mustard »

you get 4 cans of paint, i painted the rear seat, one front seat, one front seat back, both door cards and the pull straps, i have approx half a can left over, i gave everything approx 4-5 coats, but obviously ration the paint accordingly, i wasn't sure if i would have enough so i did all the seats in one go, so i could be sure i would have enough.
You use the primer and cleaner sparingly and there should be plenty, i have half a bottle of each leftover.
Make sure you get everything as clean and dry as possible, space obviously can be a problem.
Between coats i wiped them over, as they get covered in overspray, i just used a slightly damp cloth.
Wear a mask for the painting.
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

wow great pictures of a fab car,did you do all the grafting? well done for just overseeing a great job :D
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
1mustard
Minor Fan

Post by 1mustard »

i done all the work its taken me about 1 year, i had a painter put the top coat of paint on for me, i work in the trade and its in my workshop and do it as and when i have time, including long nights and saturdays.
thanks