Traveller Passenger Door 1956

Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
LucyBuchanan
MMOC Member: Yes

Traveller Passenger Door 1956

Post by LucyBuchanan »

My 1956 Split-Screen Traveller (2 door)is being restored. I need to replace the front-passenger door. It measures 69cm x 92cm. Is this a standard size of all doors? Does anyone have one available? I am also looking to put back the semaphores, any tips or advice? I live in West Wales. Lucy Buchanan is me and Doris is my Morris!
brucek
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Traveller Passenger Door 1956

Post by brucek »

Hi Lucy

Yes the door for your S2 Traveller is the same size as that for a 2 door saloon. Four doors and LCV's (vans and pickups) have shorter front doors. Some things to watch for though. The passenger door for your S2, will not have a keyhole so avoid the later passenger door as this will have the key hole, unless, of course, you want to have the ability to unlock the passenger door with a key! Secondly, S2 doors and early 1000 doors were made of a heavier gauge steel and seem to have a very definite clunk as opposed to a rattle when they shut. Try and find one of the earlier doors if you can. Finally, the Traveller has the stainess steel door tops, wheras the saloon has a painted door top. If you still have your original door, you can just swap these over, otherwise, you'll have to look for a replacement door top too.

If your original door (if you still have it) is only rotted at the bottom, you can buya repair panel and have a garage weld this in for you. This would avoid most of the issues above if you chose to go down that route. Good luck with your search :D

customjob
Minor Fan

Post by customjob »

Hi Lucy,

With reference to your semaphores if you still have them try and get them reconditioned or Bull Motif and ESM do service exchange units. If you don't still have them they come up on e Bay and a like fairly often, sometimes in working order. Type SA 80 i believe but be warned if they are in working order they will not be cheap at aution end unless your lucky.

LucyBuchanan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by LucyBuchanan »

Hi Brucek, thanks for all the info with regards to my traveller, very helpful. With regards to a replacement door, if I were to find one, what year defines 'early' pre- ?? I'll go and check the condition of the original door to see if it is repairable. Lucy
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Difficult to say exactly but would say up to about 1960/1. My '59 convertible has the heavier doors and a 1961 saloon I had some years ago did too. If the original door can be salvaged, that might be the bet way to go. I think this is the panel you will need :

http://morrisminorspares.co.uk/shop/pro ... 7ef0a7a5d5

:D