Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Is there another curtailment?

Post by les »

Is it me not noticing before or has a another rule crept in, it appears at the top when selecting the following topics. Cars for sale and Parts for sale.

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Re: Is there another curtailment?

Post by bmcecosse »

Crikey....that's going to make it difficult to sell anything......... :o :roll:
ImageImage
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

So it has recently slipped in then?

alexandermclaren
Minor Addict

Post by alexandermclaren »

Yup another one we were promised more fun on OUR club site
Bang goes the fun and in with more rules
So all you newbies on here looking for a good safe wee car beware
Just because its on our club site it in no way means that its what it says and approved by us just because you do not see any negative comments
Please take a club member with you if you are thinking about buying any car or van and you are unsure of what you are looking at
Yes the Mods have a lot of power on here all under the guidance of the company lawyer it seems
Lets see the comments we get over the weekend

callyspoy
Minor Legend

Post by callyspoy »

I must say, i've never been one for having a moan on here, but i think that is pretty extreme from the mods (love you guys really though)
I understand that it does sometimes get a bit like a mob of abuse (bandwagon style), but i HATED (clearly as it's in caps!) on the vw t25 forum that you couldn't pass comment on for sale bits.

Not sure why, i suppose if you're not interested in buying said item perhaps you shouldn't comment, but if something is seriously over priced i think it's fair to comment as such.

I dunno, seems a bit off.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Overpriced - or clearly wrongly described....wrong attributed.....we won't be able to put that right now. Caveat emptor..... :roll:
ImageImage
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? What a load of tosh...............it's good for all to share the information

eg...."will this fit a 1970 2 door saloon ?" answer "no"

now where is the harm in that :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Seems it is new then, didn't want to speak until sure but I'm getting fed up with all this stuff, the club seems frightened of it's own shadow. We need to just get on with it, all threads die out in the end on their own, good or bad.

JPX877J
Minor Fan

Post by JPX877J »

If I want to buy anything, I feel FB and the PM system shall have to be used to double check things.....Pity
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Well I can't see the notice anymore, looks like it has been removed, so thanks to those involved. It suggests that reasoned objections are listened to.

alexandermclaren
Minor Addict

Post by alexandermclaren »

Yes the secret society works in mysterious ways
Well it does on this club site
No explanations nothing
Some wee [person] sitting on the club web site somewhere hoping to rule the world someday
And creating and deleting any comments or made up rules on his or her whim

Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

Alex - I have made a modification to make your post less offensive. We do not make up rules - we enforce whats written down and there have been some in depth discussions about posts and whether they breach T&Cs or not. What does happen is occasionally we miss things, and they may end up being dealt with after a number of people have responded.

Its a case of the minority ruining it for the majority (as is quite common really).

Personally I have been rather busy this weekend and not read/posted anything much - certainly not this thread.

We (mods) have been discussing something similar to what was put up as a reminder of the T&Cs - as they are quite frequently breached. What you all saw was put up prematurely, and that was a mistake, it was an initial un-reviewed draft. When it is put back up it will have some significant differences - and should not be so draconian.

As always - feel free to PM me, but thats pretty much it! If anyone wants to question things like this, or bring my attention to a thread like this one please PM me and I will do my best to respond ASAP.
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Well if it's going to be put back, looks like my genuine appreciation for it's removal was premature! I am sorry that the plan still exists in any form. Made a bit of a fool of myself.

Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

As I said Les - its the minority that spoil it for the majority.

If we don't have any problems in the next few months we may scrap the idea. As mods we do get a fair number of complaints (particularly from sellers) about posts which do breach the T^Cs!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Matt, lets not let the minority win, there may be a few posts getting near the mark but I do think they soon dwindle out. Thanks for your post.

DaisyMayFozz
Minor Fan

Post by DaisyMayFozz »

What he said^ :D :D

Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

I do agree with that - but as you can probably imagine its not easy to deal with... damned if you do... damned if you don't! If the warning text goes back, and it might, as far as I am concerned it should just be a reminder about T&Cs - we have no desire to stop people posting responses (within the bounds of T&Cs).

I know many won't believe this... but as mods we aren't out to be secretive about the running of the forum and we definitely arn't out to stop people having fun!

But, because of the recent spate of VERY negative posts we are keeping a close eye on proceedings.

If you want to criticize suppliers/advertisers/people who don't know the value of what they are selling there are plenty of places you can do it, but (as everyone should know...) its not welcome here.
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

thats all very well but the sellers know the site etc ,if they do not ,well thats down to them :roll:

also many do not even belong to the club ,if they don't like the site ,it's a bit like buying a house next to Heathrow airport then complaining about the aircraft noise
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
welshrat
Minor Addict

Post by welshrat »

Perhaps the warning should be directed at the sellers, letting them know that if they advertise cars or parts on this site they may be asked difficult questions and or be challenged regarding the information they have offered. For a typical Welsh complaint follow this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4r7UE3phM0

Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

I have said this many times before... and I suspect I will be saying it quite a few more times...

In order to post here you have signed up to the T&Cs and should be abiding by them. If you want them to change you need to approach the MMOC committee.