Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: After nine years time for me to go.

Post by POMMReg »

tysonn wrote:Should that be "in most subjects"?
Graf Zeppelin dropping bombs on the school at the time!!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

LOL!
Glass houses,stones etc.
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

And another thing dyslexia has many aspects.Its not possible for some to be able to check their spelling in a dictionary!Dyslexia is a recognised learning disability.Good job some of you aren't able to see whether a poster is in a wheelchair isn't it?
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

tysonn wrote:And another thing dyslexia has many aspects.Its not possible for some to be able to check their spelling in a dictionary!Dyslexia is a recognised learning disability.Good job some of you aren't able to see whether a poster is in a wheelchair isn't it?
I don't think Les has been discriminated against because of his obsession
for wearing Lesagne stained Cordoury trousers(?)
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

Read my post. I don't expect people with that problem to simply read a dictionary, that comment was directed at those who are quite capable and suffer no hardship. :roll:

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Wondered when you were going to chip in Chris. You should stick to Morris dancing. :D

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

les wrote:Wondered when you were going to chip in Chris. You should stick to Morris dancing. :D
Cannot recall seeing Morris Men during the winter months, so I assume they hibernate upside down in old barns,
with nothing but an occational "jingle" to make us aware of their presence!

Dazed & Confused
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

it is up to the administration to do something about it.
Sadly, us admins don't have the ability to do anything other than remove comments that break the T&Cs and warn users, and a little bit of tidying & helping (e.g. moving posts to the correct section or making phone numbers less obvious to the spam machines etc..)

The forum is open to all, which as well as being it's BEST feature is also a negative.
From other car clubs and their forums I've found this to be the the most resourceful, informative and inclusive but I think most of us agree that it's not without it's frustrations.
It would be sad to see anyone go - especially those like yourself who've been helping make the forum a pleasant, constructive & useful place.

I find the for sale section to be divisive, and although the responding poster/s may think their comments are constructive, they can appear rather differently to others (including sellers). Other than politely worded advice about mistakes in an advert, I'd be happy if any non-prospective-buyers kept it buttoned up.
Back in the days when I bought, fixed and sold far more classics, I'd given up selling Minors on the forum due to the chit-chat levels on the adverts and the ardent seekers of imperfections.
Don't get me wrong, this is by far not limited to the forum! I had a guy making seriously disrespectful comments about a Minor I advertised for sale at a national rally, simply because it had been updated for daily use. However that guy's comments only annoyed me (and then my GF as I was in a mood for a while). Whereas a brash-looking comment on a forum can annoy hundreds of people.

Criticism isn't limited to a car's imperfections and there's been sporadic criticism of people who use the forum 'just to sell a car'. More and more Minor's will be for sale after a former loving owner passes away - yet, some are happy to pitch in by berating a seller for not knowing much about the car or Minors in general.
The 'one-time user' sellers are just as welcome here as anyone and if they chose 'just to sell a car' then I'm proud that the club could provide a service to them. If they encounter apparent aggro, it's hardly fair to complain that we don't hear from the majority again. The advert itself is a means to bring more traffic to the site, which in turn builds up the site's usefulness, and brings in a wider audience. IMHO criticism can have an equal opposite effect.
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »

leafie wrote:
PaulTubby wrote:Let's hope he comes back on to see the support we are giving him and that we want him to stay ......
Thanks Paul and all of you for your kind words.The support has been nothing short of amazing, trust me I am not upset just fed-up with some of the replies people receive from a small number of very active people when they post cars for sale, try to tell a good news story or even place a wanted add.

As I think is the case for most people with dyslexia I started to develop my thick skin early in life when, after the first week of secondary school the English teacher stood me up at the front of the class, recited my homework exactly as written and then asked me if I was thick. It didn’t put me off teachers, after all I’ve been married to one for the last 32 years, however I know things have changed in schools but it would seem at times not on here. I have never before felt the need to mention dyslexia and have not personally had any problems but have seen plenty of examples where others have. As an adopted Mancunian, I moved here at 2 weeks old (I was a very independent child) I will believe me give as good as I get, but as I said I’m fed-up with seeing people taken to task over things which are in the great scheme of things irrelevant.

The support shown to me on here and in the pm's I've received I think does show I am not on my own in feeling this, hopefully for a little while anyway people may just take a moment to think before they comment.

Rant over I need to get off this horse it’s to high up for me. :D

So the BIG question is ... are you leaving us or going to stick at it??
leafie

Post by leafie »

PaulTubby wrote:
leafie wrote:
PaulTubby wrote:Let's hope he comes back on to see the support we are giving him and that we want him to stay ......
Thanks Paul and all of you for your kind words.The support has been nothing short of amazing, trust me I am not upset just fed-up with some of the replies people receive from a small number of very active people when they post cars for sale, try to tell a good news story or even place a wanted add.

As I think is the case for most people with dyslexia I started to develop my thick skin early in life when, after the first week of secondary school the English teacher stood me up at the front of the class, recited my homework exactly as written and then asked me if I was thick. It didn’t put me off teachers, after all I’ve been married to one for the last 32 years, however I know things have changed in schools but it would seem at times not on here. I have never before felt the need to mention dyslexia and have not personally had any problems but have seen plenty of examples where others have. As an adopted Mancunian, I moved here at 2 weeks old (I was a very independent child) I will believe me give as good as I get, but as I said I’m fed-up with seeing people taken to task over things which are in the great scheme of things irrelevant.

The support shown to me on here and in the pm's I've received I think does show I am not on my own in feeling this, hopefully for a little while anyway people may just take a moment to think before they comment.

Rant over I need to get off this horse it’s to high up for me. :D

So the BIG question is ... are you leaving us or going to stick at it??
Having had the amount of support I have had I feel I should reconsider my position and stick with it.

Thanks to all who have shown their support. :D
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

Good on you Leafie. 8) A true Manc!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Glad to have helped - you still haven't told me if you want a breatherless rocker cover? :)
ImageImage
leafie

Post by leafie »

bmcecosse wrote:Glad to have helped - you still haven't told me if you want a breatherless rocker cover? :)
Oh yes I have, have a look at the wanted section where I've said exactly what I'd like to do with it :wink:
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Ahh - sorry! I don't follow the wanted section much. Answered fully there. :)
ImageImage
JPX877J
Minor Fan

Post by JPX877J »

Hurray, another good poster stays. Even I'm happy and I live on the correct side of The Pennines ;) :lol:
leafie

Post by leafie »

JPX877J wrote:Hurray, another good poster stays. Even I'm happy and I live on the correct side of The Pennines ;) :lol:
:lol:
I'm off to the pub. :D