F 1 on TV ?

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
dalebrignall
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: F 1 on TV ?

Post by dalebrignall »

i recorded it and did not think it was worth watching 11 cars finnished and was it 15 started maybee a few more , what a sham
[sig]5641[/sig]
warweezil
Minor Friendly

Post by warweezil »

Life long F1 fan until the mid noughties... even as a registered MSA Marshal that could easily meet the criteria to work at the BGP if I wanted... I have no interest in F1 now, not even as a Marshal. F1 is losing its focus in the pursuit of glamour, I dont want to know which worthless celeb is on the grid, its machinery and the drivers that interested me... but apparently Bernie feels that my sort of fan is not "core" so fine, I can live without... F1 used to be the pinnicle that only a few could earn their way into, now any rich spoiled brat can buy a seat.

As a kid I could identify the cars before I was ever able to write their names... I followed F1 when it wasn't so cool, When it was just about brave guys, clever engineers and the fastest man won. Now it doesn't excite me, I stopped watching it several seasons ago... and I doubt I will ever return to it, I see more honest racing out of the modest clubbie series, that run at circuits around the UK every weekend.

Id love to see a full international truck racing series, those beasts accelerate like a Porsche yet weight several tonnes, even the steam from the water-cooled brakes adds to the spectacle of a group of huge trucks heading for narrow corners at what seems to be ludicrous speeds. There is a series in Europe but it is rather limited.

If you saw the Top Gear episode where they had a racing truck demonstration the Stigs' truck driving cousin was actually Stuart Oliver - several times UK BTRA champion.
The voices in my head may not be real.... But they have some damn good ideas.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Thanks all for advice - and for wandering the thread horribly.... I managed to (cough) 'borrow' a Sky ID which includes F1 - so I can (and did at 5am) watch it on my laptop.... . What a shambles at Honda - how could they make such a mess of it - and how could Mclaren LET them !!! Way down on power and engine blowing up on the way to the grid !!! Pathetic. And of course Renault are no better - what have they been doing all winter? They should have been working 24/7 with Red Bull breathing down their neck...to get the power and the reliability sorted out..... In the event - LESS power, and the Drivers can hardly drive the thing because of throttle lag!! How could Red Bull let that happen ???????? Eye off the ball I'm afraid...and now they are whining that the FIA should impose some sort of 'equalising' formula to reduce the performance of the cars where the Companies HAVE bothered to work hard and make their engines work better!!! Good job by Ferrari on their engine - BIG improvement.. Just need to remember how to change a wheel.... :roll:
ImageImage
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

They could do with your tyre changing prowess Roy!