Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Classiccars
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Rear door rubber

Post by Classiccars »

Hi I think I asked a long time ago but would like advise on which brand of silicone I should use to fix the main rear door rubber with.i know it needs to be for rubber and waterproof.Any brands advised please
les
Minor Maniac

Re: Rear door rubber

Post by les »

My door rubbers are designed to grip the metal flange around the door, by being tapped on with a soft mallet, not put on with any sealant, Maybe you have something different for some reason.
Any luck sorting out your rocker cover?
Classiccars
Minor Addict

Post by Classiccars »

Hi Les this is the rubber that goes all the way around the rear opening of the back doors.It just glues on with my traveller but dont want to get the wrong sealent.Going to let the garage sort the rocker cover as my patients and a hammer would result in a new cover.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Ask the garage what the problem with the rocker cover is/was and please let us know. Driving to a garage without this cover will likely spray oil about ! This is very intriguing seeing it’s usually a drop on procedure. A photo may have saved you paying someone, however hope it gets fixed.

Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend

Post by Shropshiremoggie »

Had a slight problem replacing my rocker cover due to the proximity of the heater tap. Took a bit of ‘ wiggling ‘ ( technical term ) but it popped in OK .
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

It looks like the OP has bigger problems if it needs a garage, probably a good plan if it’s being threatened with a hammer. I can’t get my head around this !
Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend

Post by Shropshiremoggie »

The cover scenario is very odd . Be good to hear what the problem is/was and the solution.