Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mirabelle
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

CJ Autos vehicle lift/tilter

Post by mirabelle »

I wondered if anyone has any experience of using a CL01 car lift/tilter from CJ autos. After many years on my knees, I decided to treat myself to a new 'toy.' The package arrived with no contents list, and no assembly instructions; however, that's not the issue that concerns me, as I managed to work it out for myself. I'm struggling to work out where to lift the car with the rubber pads, as the Minor's a semi monocoque design, best practice would be to lift the vehicle on the chassis sill rails, rather than the sheet metal floor - this is made more difficult when a previous owner has routed brake pipes on the lower surface of the chassis rail, both at the same time avoiding the exhaust system, or teetering on the cross member. I realise that the lifting pads are quite large and therefore spread the load, but before I venture forth, I thought I'd canvas opinion/experience of others. I'd also be interested to know whether one of the wider settings needs to be used; according to the literature that came with the lift, it should be at the narrowest setting. Any comments would be appreciated.
Andrew
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: CJ Autos vehicle lift/tilter

Post by philthehill »

arjay
Minor Friendly

Re: CJ Autos vehicle lift/tilter

Post by arjay »

I have one and have used it successfully. It was a fiddle to set it up properly but good to jack up front or back. I used it while working on the brakes. It was a while ago and I regret that I can't remember whether it is set up on a wide setting. it is currently under my Traveller, awaiting labour...