Call for body numbers!

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Kevin
MMOC Member: No

Post by Kevin »

I presume if that type was a steel one then it opened by sliding under the headlining??
Thats right Cam and I have never seen one on a Minor before, just the wesbasto type.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
KirstMin
Minor Fan

Post by KirstMin »

Cam, are you still collecting these numbers? I'll take a look tonight and let you know...

PS Cam: when our convertible arrived in the family (bought 2nd hand for £500 in 1970), no one wanted one - it was the convertibles that were the so-called 'underdog'. How things change!

PPS Cam: give me a screwdriver and I'll get into your moggie as fast as you can get in any convertible :wink:

PPPS Cam: if you get a hood fitted correctly then a convertible certainly isn't very very cold, just cold :lol:
Cam

Post by Cam »

KirstMin wrote:Cam, are you still collecting these numbers? I'll take a look tonight and let you know...
Yep, still looking for the numbers. If you could PM me with them that would be great. The more numbers I get, the better picture I'll be able to draw up.
PS Cam: when our convertible arrived in the family (bought 2nd hand for £500 in 1970), no one wanted one - it was the convertibles that were the so-called 'underdog'. How things change!
Oh I don't know. I think convertibles have always been 'special', but perhaps not desirable as a daily driver. Maybe in 1970 the populus was poorer and maybe the convertibles did not fit the bill for general useage??
PPS Cam: give me a screwdriver and I'll get into your moggie as fast as you can get in any convertible :wink:
Come near my moggie with a screwdriver and you'll be leaving with a very red face and no visible screwdriver! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, you probably could get into a moggy quicker that way, but my previous comments were for convertibles in general. My midget (for example) had the door lock and opening catch at the top rear of the door about an inch from the edge of the glass where the hood came to (loosely), so unlocking it was really not a problem! The Minor is a bit more secure on the driver's side, but not the passenger side!
PPPS Cam: if you get a hood fitted correctly then a convertible certainly isn't very very cold, just cold :lol:
Again, convertibles in general. The ones I have experienced have been very cold, but if you get the hood fitted perfectly well, then that's going to help a lot...

Still don't much care for 'em though... :wink: :lol:
KirstMin
Minor Fan

Post by KirstMin »

:D that's the beauty of the MM and what makes it quite different from everything else - each type is a different car in itself. Dont get that these days! hmmmm, shall I buy the purple one or the silver one?

I'll PM you tomorrow.
Cam

Post by Cam »

Cheers mucker! :D
Pyoor_Kate
Minor Addict

Post by Pyoor_Kate »

...nips off outside to find the body and chassis numbers...
Pyoor Kate
The Electric Minor Project
The Current Fleet:
1969 Morris 'thou, 4 Door. 2010 Mitsubishi iMiEV. 1920s BSA Pushbike. 1930s Raleigh pushbike.
The Ex-Fleet:
1974 & 1975 Daf 44s, 1975 Enfield 8000 EV, 1989 Yugo 45, 1981 Golf Mk1, 1971 Vauxhall Viva, 1989 MZ ETZ 125, 1989 Volvo Vario 340, 1990, 1996 & 1997 MZ/Kanuni ETZ 251s
Desires:
Trabant 601, Tatra T603, Series II Landy, Moskvitch-401, Vincent HRD Black Shadow, Huge garage, Job in Washington State.
Cam

Post by Cam »

Ta Kate, you're a good 'un! :D
andrewsxt
Minor Fan

Post by andrewsxt »

Could you let me know if my pm has worked Cam

Cheers mate

Andy
Cam

Post by Cam »

Yes, and you have a reply. :D
andrewsxt
Minor Fan

Post by andrewsxt »

Another pm sent.

Andy
Blunt
Minor Friendly

Post by Blunt »

so you don't want LCV no's then?
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Cam

Post by Cam »

No, not LCV numbers, Russ_LCV has sorted those out after many years of headscratching!

I am looking for: 2 door saloon, 4 door saloon, traveller and convertible numbers.
chickenjohn
Minor Legend

Post by chickenjohn »

Having just cleaned the under bonnet area of the Traveller, I can now see that it does indeed have a body number!!

Is there any risk though in posting such information here??? Body ID theft for example...
Cheers John - all comments IMHO
- Come to this years Kent branches Hop rally! http://www.kenthop.co.uk
(check out the East Kent branch website http://www.ekmm.co.uk )
ImageImage
Cam

Post by Cam »

They can't do anything with the body number, but I would advise a PM anyway. Thanks.
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

Hi Cam

any progress to report!?
Russell Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist
http://www.Minorlcvreg.co.uk

Cam

Post by Cam »

Not enough numbers yet I'm afraid Russ. :( Only a handful of people (with different varients) have responded.

The only thing is that the body numbers seem to be varient specific (at this stage) so it looks like I'll have to tally these with the production figures for those models, but really I need a lot more numbers.

I'll have to harvest some from the up-coming rallies! The majority of which will be next year now I think!
KirstMin
Minor Fan

Post by KirstMin »

hello Cam, i've PM'd you the chassis and engine numbers for my 1966 convertible. Hope that's what you are after? tata :)
Kirsten (me not the car) is my name and I'm male!!
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Re: Call for body numbers!

Post by bigginger »

Cam wrote:Right, I'm going to see if I can make any sense of the body number (or production line numbers) on the Saloons, Travellers and Convertibles.

So, if anyone can help, the information would be very useful and kept in the strictest confidence (if wished).

What I am after is the number on the little plate to the top right of the bulkhead (when looking under the bonnet). I will also need the car's chassis number and (if possible) date of manufacture (or registration).
Sorry to butt in yet again, but it's the body number that Cam's after. :D
Cam

Post by Cam »

Hi KirstMin,

I've replied to your PM.
KirstMin
Minor Fan

Post by KirstMin »

I thought as much when I read though the request again :( and Cam confirmed in PM... sorry bout that...I'm going to have to investigate again - i thought I was supposed to be looking on the tag that's on the left near the voltage regulator. I'll see what i can dig up but I didn't see anything else obvious.
Kirsten (me not the car) is my name and I'm male!!