Another one bites the dust - RIP 3527H

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
HarryMango
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Another one bites the dust - RIP 3527H

Post by HarryMango »

I have just received a dreadful email from one of our branch members - Pat. It seems the local scum decided to take her moggy for a spin, weren't impressed by the trip so torched it & scarpered - before the insurance co could recover the car, the local council took the car away and "disposed" of it.

Pat didn't go to rallies and seldom made branch meetings these days but the minor which was an early S11 (July '53) :cry: was used daily and was much loved.

I am not an emotional person but this has really depressed me :cry:

Rog
MoggyTech
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by MoggyTech »

Really sad. These morons need a lot more than a slap on the wrist. Makes my blood boil just to think of it. :cry:
NZJLY
Minor Fan

Post by NZJLY »

MoggyTech wrote:Makes my blood boil just to think of it. :cry:
Boiling them would be more appropriate...

Might even be able to make a wee pot of glue out of them as well :o
wibble_puppy
Minor Legend

Post by wibble_puppy »

that's dreadful news, Harry. :o I can imagine how I'd feel. :o Please will you pass my heartfelt sympathy on to Pat? And if the police catch the inadequates who did this, do get hold of their home addresses so I can go round and sew herrings into the hems of their curtains :evil:
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Sorry to hear that Rog and even worse that the local council couldnt wait :evil:
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

not nice soory to hear about find the yobs bring to me i bet i could have fun at camp on the range then play alittle bit more take them with us to afgan or iraq and strap them to the front of teh landrovers then they will see never mess with any one eles propety it realy make my blood boil why do they do this they need DISAPLIN like teh old days
sorry about the spelling
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
wibble_puppy
Minor Legend

Post by wibble_puppy »

don't worry about your spelling moggyminor16, your post is perfectly clear :) 8)
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Bring back national service. Sort the little scum suckers out .

Stick em on the front of minesweeping vehicles to start with!

Wonder how they would feel if we stole and torched their 20 grand plastic skips with more power going to the stereo than the wheels......

(nb, i would say something stronger, but I've been told off for testing the profanity filter out in the past)

moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

dan never a true word spokern we both pair up and do them propper
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

moggyminor16 wrote:they need DISAPLIN like teh old days
I strongly agree that people of my generation (im 16) have been brought up way too softly, whatever happened to discipline? No way is nicking and torching somebodys classic car acceptable by any stretch of the imagination yet if they are caught I bet the it'll just be a verbal warning and no real punishment, grrrrrr :evil:
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Another one that the simple fuel pump switch would have saved. I doubt they would have 'torched' it right outside the house - and at least the Council wouldn't have been able to dispose of it so quickly. Was 3527 H the reg number ? If so - very valuable - and if MOT still valid for the vehicle it may still be possible to transfer it - if acting quickly!!
ImageImage
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

Dan_Harris wrote: (nb, i would say something stronger, but I've been told off for testing the profanity filter out in the past)
I'm tempted to switch it off just this once.

Jon Rocke
kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

I was a police officer for thirty years and once delt with a lout who stole a gte crashed it and lost an arm(OH good good we all said) then he continued Stealing cars but only automatics,so we alway got him with an obvious modus operandi. pity it wasn't a leg,then he would need to steal invalid car 15 mph max,easy to catch. Better still his head, then it would have been chariots of the gods.
dave1949
Minor Fan

Post by dave1949 »

I was a police officer for thirty years
i dont know how old that makes you now my friend,but it was guys in your job when i was a lad who kept us all in line with a clip round the ear when we were still in short trousers,
ever thought of rejoining :wink: :wink:
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

before the insurance co could recover the car, the local council took the car away
Really sad to hear about the theft and fire. Seems like the council wanted to add insult to injury - If they did not follow the legal requirement of contacting the registered owner and giving a certain amount of notice before disposing of it then please advise to sue!!

My former Honda Civic died this way after being stolen recovered and then illegally removed by the council for having no tax (expired whilst stolen) however the council 'lost all records' :(
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
RogerRust
Minor Legend

Post by RogerRust »

I have a little problem personally with the boiling oil brigade.

I am no softy but do try not to become too attached to material things. I understand the grief and all that , but at the end of the day it is only a car. I guess I have lived long enough to see that hatred and anger gets us no where.
Someone said "If we take an eye for an eye the world will soon be blind"

Kids do stupid things and all us parents know that they need to be taught to do the right thing. My kids arn't bad but do have their moments.
Please don't beat me up over this, but there must be a way to engender respect for property. Hanging and flogging, smashing windows and mob violence lead to anarcy so lets not go there.

Not a sermon. I just feel as strongly about it as you do.

(This is my own private opinion and should not be see as in anyway a moderation)

Climbs down off soap box. :oops:

This message board is like a family - you can't choose the other members!! But remember engine oil is thicker than water.
HarryMango
Minor Addict

Post by HarryMango »

bmcecosse wrote:Was 3527 H the reg number ?
Yes - it was. I had a trawl back & found this thread on the reg no

http://www.mmoc.org.uk/index.php?name=P ... pic&t=4959

Thanks everyone for the comments, I will pass them all on to Pat.

Rog
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Seriously - that reg number is worth a LOT - and even though 'non-transferrable' could maybe be saved under these circs until it can be moved to another Minor. Worth asking them anyway.
ImageImage
DaveC
Minor Fan

Post by DaveC »

that reg number is worth a LOT
enough to replace her moggie with any luck. How sad though...
Morgen
Minor Friendly

Post by Morgen »

That brought me to tears - if you get the chance please pass my deepest sympathies to the owner :(

Nothing nearly as bad has happened to me but I have had my Minor and Mini attacked a few times (the Minor was stolen once but luckily the fuel pump packed up!). Being of the same age as the current crop of hooligans I have seen all too often that anything which is in any way 'different' is a target for the primitive pack mentality many seem to operate on.

morgen