Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MinorMoments
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Door Latch/Striker Plate

Post by MinorMoments »

Need a replacement for my 2 Dr saloon and ordered what I believed to be the correct one as described from ESM. Only it has comes with only one catch and not two so the door sticks out and does not sit flush with the body now. I ordered part DCH102 so could they simply have sent me the wrong part for should 2dr salooon only have one and not two catches?? Not sure I have described this very well... Just blame it on being female please....
polo2k
Minor Addict

Post by polo2k »

lucky i had a catalogue net to me lol
dch102 is listed as plate-striker traveller. The only other one listed is for the 4 door and from memory, I think my '63 4door only has 1 slope, rather than the saw tooth type, with 2 points. Id give them a ring and check. could just be it got picked wrong.

Ive just ordered a box full from them and ive got the day off work tomorow :D very reliable :)
- Ash
  • [MONA] - 1963 4 door saloon
    [IGOR] - 1970 trav (In Surgery)
    [GOLFIE] - 2001 Golf GT TDi 200 (my daily "fix")
- The only way your guarenteed to fail, is never to try! -
Image Image Image
Click on the middle pic for progress!
Willie
Minor Legend

latch

Post by Willie »

There is one spring loaded catch only which is the 'safety lock position' preventing the door from swinging open if it was not fully closed in the first place. The door should move further in until the door latch can fall behind the rear edge,which is not spring loaded, and thus hold the door closed.
Willie
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e197/wuzerk/mo9.jpg[/img]