Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Suzukimorris
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Split screen series 2 headlining

Post by Suzukimorris »

Hey guys, about to change the headlining on my split screen, was hoping people out there would have pictures of the two options that seem available (from esm)

They do a grey one and a cream fleck, not sure which to choose! The car is black, and I have burgundy carpets with the morris 1000 detailed door cards that Im going to vinyl dye to a similar burgundy. I'm thinking the cream one to be honest but would like to see both installed if that's possible!

Thanks guys

SUE482
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Split screen series 2 headlining

Post by SUE482 »

Hi got mine from ESM and it was TRM123, no problems although I had to make a new plywood headlining board, in fact I think I made 2 so I might have a spare. These are the pics I took just after fitting so there are few small creases which have now disappeared. Top tip, warm the fabric up and fit in warm weather or a heated garage, I shone a couple of 500w quartz halagon lights on it after installing, before pulling the wires tight.
[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]
Best of luck, Ian
Should be ready for tea time.
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

The late Series MM and early Series II had Rexine covered hardboard and the late Series II had a fabric headlining. See Original Morris Minor P.48 for fabric, Rexine not shown
[sig]3580[/sig]
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Fan heater in the car after fitting to help it all settle in.
Mick
Suzukimorris
Minor Fan

Post by Suzukimorris »

Thanks for the tips and pics guys, definitely shines some light on it! I still have my piece of ply so thanks for the offer but should be okay!

Cheers

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

I am surprised that Newton Commercial don't make the correct headlining for a Series II. I knew one guy who used the available headlining and sprayed it the correct colour so it looked as close to the original as possible.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Very neat job there 'SUE' !! I suspect it's not easy - especially getting it neatly under the rear screen rubber....... without finger marks !
ImageImage
SUE482
Minor Fan

Post by SUE482 »

Your right Roy it wasn't easy, secret is as has been said, get it as hot in the car as you can stand it. Then move the rails back one at a time and finally tighten each side from the rear bit by bit, not too much at a time. Final bit is the rear window, patience is the key here. Ian
Should be ready for tea time.