Flop Gear

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Flop Gear

Post by bmcecosse »

Well - that was utter rubbish..... Obviously aimed now for the USA market. Hard to pick between Evans and Leblanc which one was worse. Both equally dreadful...... " Owww hoh hoh hoh " seems to be the catch phrase..... Just awful.... :roll: Ramsay actually looked highly embarrassed to be there, and I have no idea who the other prat was...... :cry: It's even worse that 5th Gear, and that takes some doing.... I'll not bother watching any more......
ImageImage
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Re: Flop Gear

Post by dalebrignall »

thanks for that i forgot it was on wont bother watching it
[sig]5641[/sig]
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

I find Evans really obnoxious and juvenile. I cannot stand him or the way in which he is paid an obscene salary for his “work”. I also do not follow “celebrities” of any sort. That said I tried to approach the programme with an open mind. I found Evans to be his usual annoying self and some bloke with an American accent that for some reason really grated. OK, they probably wouldn’t like me either, so fair enough; but I shan’t watch it. I’m not saying that everything the old team did was perfect, some of that was annoying, but it was a bit more watchable. I agree that the current one is a definite flop.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

What a load of rubbish Evans has not got a clue and as for Le blanc boring
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Viewing figures weren't that good. I expect lots of old fans watched out of curiosity. The BBC must be a bit anxious.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Papers today are full of 'Flop Gear' commentary......
ImageImage
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Bring back Clarkson
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

For my family, Topgear = Clarkson, no Clarkson is the end of a long story.
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Audience down by a third last night. Beaten hands down by the 'Antiques Roadshow '
amgrave
Minor Addict

Post by amgrave »

Evans is hoping on-line viewing will bolster the figures :P

ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

Even the figures are pretty meaningless when they include those people like me who watched it but didn't think it was very good.

How does Evans have this celebrity status when almost everyone seems to find him intensely annoying?
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Bit like when Paxman retired from Newsnight!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Didn't watch last night - and won't be chasing it on iplayer.. Eddie Jordan must be getting paid a fortune to lower himself to appearing with these dickheads......
Last edited by bmcecosse on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
crackers
Minor Friendly

Post by crackers »

I'm willing to give it a bit of time because there were signs that they're trying to find their feet and some bits were almost good sort of maybe. Their biggest problem is that they just took the old formula and added new faces, for the new show to work, Evans and Le Pratt need to develop their own formula.

I'll watch it again, but I won't be making an effort - if it's on when I've got the time, I'll watch but otherwise...

As for that extra show that comes on after it, that's just a pathetic excuse to milk more air time. Take it off and let the main show get its act together.

The really sad thing is that the BBC producers have already done this with the Top Gear shows in other countries, ie, they transported the same formula and just used different faces... and it didn't work. Maybe it worked in America but only because they are unable to understand any show that isn't American.
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

If it's anything like Top Gear was with the three muffins, I won't be watching it. That wasn't a motoring programme; from what I could see, it was a bunch of people, who wished they were still teenagers, laughing at the presenters' "Jokes".

I suppose that's thing these days; most people are interested in vanity and that is expressed in various ways. Beyond being a means of transport, most cars are a status symbol and if Reliant Robins were still being made and "Designed by Victoria Beckham", people would aspire to own one. Just think of car adverts; do they say anything important about the car? Mostly it's abstract whimsical nonsense but then a lot of marketing relies on that which smells and stupidity.
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

bmcecosse wrote: Eddie Jordan must be getting paid a fortune to lower himself to appearing with these dickheads......
:lol: :lol: :lol:
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I hoped it might get better but on that bombshell I turned it off :(