Non car question

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Johnd103
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Non car question

Post by Johnd103 »

Hi guys looking for a problem to answer I was going to throw it up on the oul fb but I would be afraid the page I'd throw it on would have friends in common with the people in question .. I live in a small town and work 2 jobs .. One of the jobs is recent and is delivering for the local chipper .. I am on call Thursday to Sunday .. I work on a no delivery no pay .. Tonight I had no delivery's at half ten I start at 4 .. I don't usually do this but I got my .um to ring in an order so I would get paid . I know its unethical but I never received a call to say I had a delivery .. I found out that another girl that was working did the delivery's for tonight . even though I was on call .. I called into the chipper at 11 tonight for a bottle of Cole and a note as well .. Said its very quiet tonight and there reply was very busy here but no delivery's tonight . I know they are lying but can't say how I know they are .. Can anyone as is me what to do here .. I can't say I know there lying because I basically rang in the order .. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and again I am sorry for posting here but I know they or no one I know would be on here .. Thanks again john
ianmack
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Non car question

Post by ianmack »

I sympathise with you, there seem to be some very shabby employment practices going on at the moment. The difficulty on here will be that the Irish republic will have its own labour laws so most of us won't be able to advise you.

The difficulty seems to be that if they have more than one person available and only pay those who deliver it will be cheaper for them to give all the jobs to one person. They can keep others on call at no cost just in case they get busy. Have you asked how many people are on call each evening? Is there any system for distributing the jobs?

Is this job worth it for the amount of time you spend against the work and pay that you get? I wouldn't judge it hastily on one frustrating evening but if it goes on like this look for another job.
Johnd103
Minor Fan

Post by Johnd103 »

I Am supposed to be the only delivery person for there it was a girl who works behind the counter that did them last nite . and the pay is 25 euro a nite if I get even one delivery but if u get none there is no pay at all . when you get deliveries . which the most I've had on any nite is 5 you charge the costomer delivery . which is a minimum of 150 and a Max of 300 . the hours are form 4 in the evening to 1130 at nite
olderisbetter
Minor Addict

Post by olderisbetter »

Thats a really bad employer, but you are in a catch22 position, just try and find something else and if there are no jobs try offering a local service that no one else is doing, i hope things change for you soon.

SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by SteveClem »

Find another job mate!
Johnd103
Minor Fan

Post by Johnd103 »

I think I may highly disgusted over it especially considering I was using the extra income to pay for my cars both vintage and modern and that's that gone down the pan thanks guys
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Forget it - you are wasting your time.....
ImageImage