7 Inch brake shoes

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
nigelmmoc
MMOC Member: No

7 Inch brake shoes

Post by nigelmmoc »

Hi, trying to find some decent 7 inch shoes front and rear, not Borg Beck, any suggestions please or links would be great thanks
taupe
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: 7 Inch brake shoes

Post by taupe »

Best bet is have your old shoes relined you can then choose the lining material

Plenty of firms do it... try Villiers Services...about £20 plus vat and pp for each pair

T
philipkearney
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by philipkearney »

Keep checking autojumbles and eBay. All the new sets of shoes are a black friction material that is glued to the shoe. They give very poor stopping performance, probably related to whatever the new friction material is. I replaced a nearly new set recently with some old stock, riveted on asbestos shoes. The difference was night and day. They don't come up very often but worth keeping your eyes open for them.
ba04ger
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by ba04ger »

I can highly recommend Precision Clutch Components ,TEMLECOMBE SOMERSET tel 01963362484 family business
I purchased a 'New' Borg & Beck clutch plate and cover which my engine builder refused to fit due to poor quality
found PCC after searching the internet, supplied me fully rebuilt cover and drive plate, difference and quality between theirs and B&BECK is incredible
and similar price ,they also reline brake shoes to OEM spec well worth a phone call